The Sit Down

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by Fluffkins2013, Nov 15, 2013.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Once Jonas and Lamar had taken a seat in Black’s cabin, Jonas took a long look at his companion and asked, “So, what’s on your mind, Lamar?”
    “Jonas, we’ve been through a lot together: we’ve sailed the choppy seas of the West Passage; we’ve circumnavigated the rocky cliffs of Tirinic; we’ve even stared down the boundless belly of a killer whale. But I simply cannot in good conscience give you my blessing to go through with this. Assassinating one of the heads of the five great merchant houses can lead to nothing other than exile and misery.” Jonas could tell by the look in Lamar’s eyes that he had agonized over this assignment.

“I am well aware of the dangers we’ll be welcoming into our lives, but we don’t have any other choice. I am asking you to trust me when I tell you that everything will go according to plan.”

Lamar stared back at Jonas silently; he raised two fingers and placed them over his heart.

“Jonas, I promise that I will stand by your side as long as everything goes according to plan. But the second we run into any snafus, I will jump ship and never look back. I would rather wallow in muck for the rest of my days than to travel the globe on the lam.”

Jonas nodded his head. “That’s fair. Let’s get the gun powder and get this confounded assignment over with.” As they both came on deck, Black looked back at Lamar and thought, “I’ve got my eye on you, old friend.”

Step two – check!

The Nassala Tavern was at full capacity and steeped in the lusty aroma of old rum and thick billows of smoke. Jonas’ eyes started burning almost immediately. He turned to have a look at Lamar and David and saw that they were in the same boat. Jonas surveyed the tavern and wondered how he was supposed to pinpoint Thor Ironclaw in this mob of drunken sailors. There were mirthful pirates wall-to-wall, draped over each other weaving slurred and merry yarns of their maritime exploits. In one corner, a rather intoxicated Captain was laying it on thick with one of the waitresses. He whispered something in her ear and she gasped and gave him a slap on the cheek. But as she turned to head towards the bar, she looked back at him over her shoulder, smiled coyly and winked.

They laboriously made their way through the crowd to one of the darker corners of the bar to have a better view. Just then they heard the innkeeper erupt in a peal of laughter. Lady luck was on their side tonight!

“You’re cut off, Ironclaw! Pay your tab and then maybe I’ll think about topping you off, now get outta my bar.” The drunken man zigzagged his way very slowly out of the tavern and Jonas and the others immediately stood up to follow Ironclaw outside. The fresh air did wonders for their eyes that were now screaming out in protest of the thick clouds of smoke. Jonas took a couple deep breaths before calling out after Thor. He turned as heard his name and studied the three pirates briefly before smiling. “Lovely weather tonight, eh fellas?”

“It’s a tad more humid in Byrades … then again in Bearclaw it’s bit nippy. Yeah, you could say the weather here is just fine.” Ironclaw understood and indicated that they should follow him as he lurched towards an old shed. Thor unlocked the door open and the unmistakable smell of gun powder wafted over to them.

“Here’s what you’re after,” said Ironclaw coolly.

“Alright, boys,” said Jonas, “get to work. These barrels aren’t going to carry themselves.”

As they loaded the 10 barrels aboard Black’s ship, Jonas rounded up his crew on deck. When he was sure he had everyone’s attention, he looked at his pirates sternly and said, “Right everyone, it’s time – to the closing ceremonies of the Tournament of the Great Five!”

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.