Speed problem with Panther set

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Demetrius, Jul 24, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Demetrius

Demetrius User

Hello,

I have a loadout with the bonus of Panther Power of 1,2 knots max speed
    and might of the winter.
    I have no cayman armor that reduces anything my speed in this loadout

Without hydro crystal it says 14.8 / 16

I activate Hydrocrystal and my glad says 15.9 / 16.8 Speed.

I dont understand where I am loosing max speed, is this a bug?

ty

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  2. Wedgewood

Wedgewood bp_phrase_Forum_Demigod

Hi,

This is because the Panther Power buff increases your max. speed as opposed to your current speed. Whether you enable a hydro crystal or not your maximum potential speed will increase. The item description for hydro crystals is that they increase both your maximum speed and the current speed.
    From the description you have provided:

Current speed: 14.8
    Max. Speed: 16 (influenced by Panther Power Set Bonus)

If you have this set enabled and have an item which increases your current running speed to meet that potential maximum speed you will move faster. An example of such an item would be a sail item. The item description of certain sails is 'speed bonus'. These will increase your current speed to meet the maximum potential on your ship.

Was this answer helpful in clarifying the difference between the two speed types?

3. Demetrius

Demetrius User

Wedgewood, in allmy ships current and max is same. I have Winter Sails and in theory when I use Hydro I should have current and max speed same. This is the only ship I have this problem. I have 9.2 sails , so if I activate hydro why I should not be maxed and I go 15.9?

4. Wedgewood

Would you be so kind as to list each item you have on the load-out of the ship in question. There could very well be a bug. I'm afraid I can only operate upon the information provided. My apologies if I was stating the obvious. :)

5. Demetrius

Demetrius User

Sure m8

here we go:

I have all Winter set that can goin a glad:
    Sails
    Mast
    Rudder
    Keel

I have 3 items of Eagle Set (-12% Scatter bonus)
    Catamount Bulkhead
    Sonic Bell
    Reef Deck

I have 4 items of Panther Set (1,2 speed, 1800hp, 5% critical damage)
    Anchor
    Middle Deck
    Hull
    Figurehead

In theory this combination with Hydro Crystal activated goes current speed maxed and same with maximum speed.
    -----------------------

With full Eagle set I loose and I gain 1,6knots from cayman armor and I go 15.5 with crystal.

In Mixed sets ( without the 1,6 bonus and loss from armor) and with a clear 1,2 from Panther set, there is really no reason to have less current than max and further more no reason for only 15.9 (which is only 0,4 knots more)

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  6. Wedgewood

Thanks. I will have a look now and get back to you once I have investigated further. I appreciate the speedy reply. :)

7. Demetrius

Demetrius User

Thank you Wedge m8, I hope I didnt throw 60k dias for nothing :)

8. Wedgewood

I was in the process of replicating your set up on a ship when I noticed that you have two figureheads on your load-out as listed above. You have listed that you have figurehead from the panther set and the figurehead from the eagle set. Are you sure the list of items is correct. I would recommend checking your inventory in case you have accidentally deleted an item by transferring them between your load-outs.

9. Demetrius

Demetrius User

I wrote tonatium instead of catamount. I corrected the post :)

10. Wedgewood

Thanks. :)

11. Wedgewood

Below is a list of the items you have on your ship and their influence on your ship's speed:

___________________base speed | max speed
    _________________________5.5_|___14
    Artic keel___________________.__|___0.7
    Frost-rimmed Sails__________9.2_|____.
    Frozen mast_________________._|____ .
    Icicle rudder_________________._|____ .
    winter set bonus (4 set items)___._|____ .

catamount bulkhead___________._|____ .
    sonic bell____________________._|____ .
    reef deck____________________._|____ .
    Eagle set bonus (3 set items)____._|____ .

Obsidian anchor______________._|_____ .
    Middle Panther deck___________._|_____ .
    Thunder hull_________________._|_____ .
    Nejeret's figurehead___________._|_____ .
    Panther Power set bonus_______._|_____ 1.2

Total:__________________14.7__|_____ 15.9

* difference of .1 (14.7-14.8) is due to old sail system change where .05 rounded up and below .05 rounded down

Please accept my apologies but am I missing something? It's very possible I have overlooked a stat somewhere but provided I haven't missed any speed stats, on paper the speeds listed appear to match your original post?

To the best of my understanding, before adding the Panther Power set and gaining the bonus your speed should be 14.8 out of 14.8. Upon adding the Panther Power set and gaining the set bonus your speed changes to 14.8 / 16 (without hydro crystal).

12. Demetrius

Demetrius User

yes Wedge you understood correct.

before it was 14.8 / 14.8 and now is 14.8 to 16 without the crystal.

when I was putting in the old loadout the crystal I had 15.5 / 15.5, now it shows up 15.9 / 16.8 with the new loadout.

So instead of enjoying a 1.2 knots bonus, cause in my knowledge I use all items of game that make speed maxed (best sails, hydro crystal, panther bonus and no armor) , I get only 0,4 more actual speed.

So as I see it I gain a.... potentiality of 1,2 knots but there is no item to use in order to get them and I remain with actual same speed no matter panther set or not, if I dont use crystal and with a slight change if I activate it. As I see it Wedge m8, it seems wrong to my eyes. No actual bonus is gained if no more items exist in game to maximize the actual speed.

PS: Seems like an algorithm issue to me. why the actual increased more than 15.5 if we start from same number (14.8) ? . Seems like calculates and gives without any reason 0,4 more knots in actual with the panther bonus with hydro crystal. if it affects only the potential maxed speed it shouldnt maximise for any reason the actual in both scenarios.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  13. gpeelu

gpeelu User

I'm about to buy the Panther Set lol, please don't scare me with broken codes.

14. Demetrius

Demetrius User

there is worse matey gpeelu, I have bought it already :(

I hope things will clear out

15. Wedgewood

You may have already calculated as to why this is occurring but in-case not and for the sake of others who may ready this thread I have a brief explanation as to why it breaks down the way you have outlined above.

The hydro crystal uses a set figure for increasing your max. speed (+ 0.7) whilst using a percentage for increasing your current running speed (+20%). This actually results in a divergent as speed stats increase.

----------------------------------
    Without panther Power set

Current speed / Max Speed
    14.8 / 14.8

~Enable Hydro Crystal~

Current speed / Max speed
    14.8 +(20% of 5.5) / 14.8 + 0.7
    15.9 / 15.5
    *Explanation: As the max. speed is capped at 15.5 your new current running speed cannot surpass this and is dropped to 15.5 also
    15.5 / 15.5
    ---------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------
    With Panther Power Set (+1.2 max. speed)

Current speed / Max Speed
    14.8 / 16.0

~Enable Hydro Crystal~

Current speed / Max. speed
    14.8 +(20% of 5.5) / 16 + 0.7
    15.9 / 16.8

*Explanation: Now that the max. speed is high enough the hydro crystal can achieve max influence and is not capped.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this helps (and that my calculations were correct!) :)

16. Demetrius

Demetrius User

Wedge ty for your reply and the continuence of dialog :)

So, Pather bonus wont affect actual speed. Got it.

And how we can reach the max speed of 16,8? Is there any item to do so?

If not and until it will be one item, this bonus seems useless...

17. Wedgewood

At present I am not aware of any item that will cause you to reach max speed with the Panther Power set bonus however it is possible such items will be released with another update. This is a very similar situation to when the sail system was initially changed and nobody was able to achieve top speed until the Anansi sails were released, if I am remembering correctly.

Is there anything else I can help you with Demetrius?

18. Demetrius

Demetrius User

Wedgewood u did your very best, thank your for your level of service.

The conclusion dissapoints me but I must admitt that things got cleared.

Really appreciated. :)

I will wait for future items to gain the benefits I imagined.

19. Wedgewood

I'm glad that I could be of some help. Sorry that we could not come to a more positive conclusion regarding the set bonus stats!

All the best & happy sailing. :)

~Closed~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.