Poll remove delete ship

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by ANIKHTE, Oct 21, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Remove delete ship option

1. Yes remove it fast

27 vote(s)
    81.8%
  2. No it is fun to have your ships destoryed by a stranger

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrowesNest

CrowesNest User

Vino brings up a good point about how the diamond repair causes trouble. But, the delete ship button...really? You have to click twice to delete a ship. first you click delete ship and then a screen pops up asking you if you want to delete ship. How hard is that to avoid? You need to be very careful about what you are doing or at least literate. Also people saying that they almost or have had ships deleted by others. How is that possible if you practiced any sense of security. You clearly let them have access to the account and then you cry about how it's the games fault...really? I feel bad for those that got hacked and lost ships and items, for others I don't. To elaborate on why I vote to keep the delete feature is, why in the world would I pay to store ships that I am never going to use or want anymore? what is the point in that when I can just get rid of it? And what is it with these ridiculous voting options? It should simply be just - Yes, get rid of the delete ship button or No, keep the delete ship option. Not, No I like having my ship deleted by strangers...nice way to put your personal opinion and show bias.

2. Depends, if you are trying to switch ships in a hurry then it is only a single button mistake. Very possible to accidentally delete your own ship. BTW, the cost of an extra mooring is cheap; a one time gold purchase.
    And I agree the the poll answers are just a wee bit biased. :)

3. CrowesNest

CrowesNest User

Fred_Filthy, You just inspired an idea for a solution. Instead of both Change Ship and Delete Ship options having you to click twice in order to engage the process for either one, it should be changed slightly. For example, Change Ship option should occur as soon as you click the green icon with a pop up message that just informs you that you changed ships but nothing more and that the Delete ship option should remain the same with the pop up icon appearing and asking you if you want to delete ship. This way it would facilitate the ability to change ships a bit faster and help alleviate the problem caused by confusion.

Fred_Filthy likes this.
  4. A most inspired solution. Elegantly simple. It seriously reduces the chance of an accidental deletion while speeding up a process that players frequently rush to complete, all in one extremely simple update. I like this one a lot. I hope BP pays attention to this since almost no one would be unhappy and it could resolve a recurring problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.