New Players USA1

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Eric_The_Red, Sep 17, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi all. I am a level 50 and have been above 35 for a long time now. Been playing the game for over 2 years. I see a lot of new boats that are on the water and we all try to help them but I have a couple suggestions for BP in order to keep these newer players around.

1. Raise the zone level for players above level 40. I would say move zone 13 and 14 into the category of no pvp or boxes for the higher players. This would force more higher players into higher zones so they can play against each other while giving the lower players more avaialability to play in the lower levels.

2. More pvp and skulls for lower player. Self explanatory

3. Any other people have suggestions for keeping lower players interested in the game?

abangcool99 and MaxGrand like this.
  2. Yes it's good idea Eric

3. ANIKHTE

ANIKHTE User

The limited pvp should be according to your pvp ranking not your pve ranking.
    That will make life for new players much much more easy.
    Staying artificially level 25 does not mean i am weak if i am full bombastic full seals fully build ship the new players will be slaughter.
    Also that will help young players from people that hunt pvp points
    lets say for all gold people they get nothing from a 6 star player and lower no skulls no pvp points in any map. give the new palyers a space to breath

Also the dives and diamonds rewards in smaler zones must increase
    now to get dives in small zoens is impossible??? why???
    dives are needed more to new players that old ones
    old players can farm in high zone young ones can not
    make the free dives the same in every zoen that will help a lot the new players
    also the diamonds in the boxes must be raised
    if you are young and farm in low zone you will never hit the diamond cap raise the rewards

old palyers have done with the game slowly one or another will move to a different game
    we need the young ones to evolve not scare them away and leave an impossible to play game for new players

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  4. If everithing in the game was easy what the poin of the game.

5. ANIKHTE

ANIKHTE User

so for you to make the game playable and fair for new players is making the game easy??
    well i have news for you because of this attitude from people liek you the servers now are empty
    once upon a time there were so many people at byrades there was a ship shootign another ship all over that map
    now you can farm there
    you see the same old players and a very few one
    the game is dying because it is impossible for a new player to join
    a game starts and the new player asks me what i need to do to be like you
    spent 400 euros
    next day he stops playing the game
    have you figured out how many diamonds the seals worth?
    to be full bombastic??
    captain orders??
    decks eagle power winter power

you tell that to a new person and he stops playing

we farm and farm in 1 h he makes 500 diamonds
    when you can make in 1h 2k-3k
    yes the game is so fair

and you know actually giving a chance to th new player to hit the diamodn limit does nto make the game easy
    it makes it fair
    while the new player can not get diamonds to build itself
    the old ones spend the diamonds to special items making them stronger to beat

just make the game more welcome to new players do not scare them away as it is now
    they get a event ship they are so happy
    and then realize my piranha has 3 times the life points and they get depressed

if you like the game then you want new players to be able to become old because in the end it will be you and the ghost in the past in the zones

6. Of corse people spend less time in the game,becuse people have some thinks to do in real life like work,education .after all it's just a game. And for your information I'm level 39 and i get sunk many times so anybody in my place probobly quet this game . PS I think this game is good ah maybe some ajustments that it

7. Real life is same now as it was two years ago(better if anything). So less people now reflects on the playability of the game. Reality is that the environment for new players is NOTHING like it was a couple of years ago. It was twice as easy to get enough PVP to open up the LW's and Piranha. The Dhuka was needed to help balance that out. You'll notice it has replaced the Pirannha as the first strong ship of new players. That is just one of MANY examples of how the game play has changed. There is no way to compare the way the game plays now for new users to how it was for the older players. Adjustments are needed to keep it fresh and interesting for all players. With so many high level players it would seem to be a good idea to give them incentive to stay at higher levels( perhaps new maps for level 35 or 40 or whatever and above only?) and reasons to avoid the lower levels. Gives breathing room to new players and keeps it interesting for the old players.
    One major problem is opening up rewards at "soft" levels (i.e. top 10 or top 100) since that gets progressively more difficult to attain as the game ages. If they had tied them to levels or specific amounts of PVP or PVe then we would not have some of these problems.

8. I am happy that we are keeping this post going. We do need new players. I see a lot of them come in and then after a couple of weeks drop out due to being sunk by high players. All I have suggested is that we very much incentivize a new player so that they become an old player. I have played this game a long time and still love it even when I get sunk by stronger players. Just keeps making me want to get stronger.

However with the last MAJOR update that I can remember is the captains orders it would be nice to see something MAJOR done to the game. I will make a new thread on a new idea I just had for Captains orders

9. ANIKHTE

ANIKHTE User

we need to give space for new players to grow
    now it is so hard for them to grow
    and people that say the opposite
    just make a new account and try to level it up
    and then we will see
    low zones do not have new players so getting skulls is so difficult for a new player
    no skulls no pirnha no large warriors

give them space to breath and grow
    some of them wil give money to the game and become strong

i remember me before i bought the seals farming was so hard even in small zones
    and then boomm i could kill everything so easy the +6 really makes a difference
    but i new player is not going to open wallet and spend 150 euro to buy the seals
    a player that played the game for 2-3 months is more probably to do that.

but new players do not last that long
    in a week or 2 they stop

abangcool99 likes this.
  10. fotocomic

fotocomic User

I am relativly new to the game. I came over aftre POTC closed. I ran an alliance there with over 60 members and i can tell you when we found this game we had hopes of a new fun game to play... I think in the 24 days we have been playing this out of the 30 people that tried the game only 4 still play it all cause of the same stuff.

The game is not really fair for new players, specially when we get sunk by level 50's... I try arena matches level 10 against a level 50 killed in one or to shots then i get insulted by gf... really? there was a fight? Did I miss something how is it good or fair. I sail around maps and at level 20 I get sunk by a 50 come out of port and get killed by another 50 and again how is that fair or an incentive for new players to play?

Yes its a game and that is part of the game but really. I challenge you all to start a new account and play... See how long you care to play. Like I said out of 30 that tried this game only 4 still playing, and most stopped at level 10 to 15.....

I am now level 28 and at times even wonder why I stay with it... Today I been on and off I have been destroyed by 3 level 50's one level 47 and 1 46.... I found 1 level 30 and one level 25 and I played 4 hours....

Yesterday I played bout 30 Arena matches beat 3 people fairfights and 2 level 50's that let me beat them, and I got 25 gf from levels 45 and up that can kill me with 2 shots...

Sorry to go on and on but yeah something needs to happen to get players to stay.....

abangcool99 likes this.
  11. Level 50 players was lvl 10,15,25 and they get sunk like everyone else. Stay out of higher zones,don't level up fast. Kill npc and monsters in lower zones. And not all lvl 50 players that bad, some of them may help you if you ask

12. HELLGUY

HELLGUY User

for all the small boats out there z7 ( byrades ) is your best friend! you can farm and make decent(ish) gld dias and i used to get more dives outta 7 than anywhere...... also if your under lvl 30 hunt the collosus in oasia nd dune sea!! you can make 5k ds and get lots of goodies in 10 mins if you just try at it on right times! once you get a event ship dont think you can just go kill every1!! it takes time to build on them too....... eg. get small tempest bulkhead/storm deck. both of those can be gotten for free with some effort. the winter set that is coming up you can get it for i wanna say 17k dias and 7 mill gold on a half day:| even newbies can manage that with the quests/bmaps you get when first starting out. I have started new accounts and it isnt that terribly hard if you take advantage of the events! the game could use some adjustments (especially in arenas) however if done right this game can be played for free competitivley. it really doesnt take 400 euros to get good:| it takes time and patience, even if you buy 800k dias without working some first the ony ship you have unlocked is large frigate. which is CRAP. i admit premium allows for seals that are worth a LOT and it is one of the few specialty things they offer that is worth the money. so imo the game is not totally outta wack on balance towards new players, but it would be good if there were more zones with higher rewards for bigger boats to spread out on.

13. ANIKHTE

ANIKHTE User

byrades is a dead zone have you been in byrades lately ??? you can farm in byrades now
    there are 15 ships in byrades and some times high level ones most probably trying to close the achievement

here we have a new players saying his concerns and all we have is some smart people making fun of him? what part of 30 people joined 26 left the game in 3 days you do not understand???
    30 people that if they were given the space to grow they would spent money in the game and increase the number of players in the game
    arena for a new player is not there all the time the new weak player have to fight strong ones

guys you must realize that after eagle power winter power the gap between new old player is huge
    you can not expect someone starts the game if gets sinks
    and spend 500 euro so he can match us it will not happen he will stop playing and thats what they do

but if that person is given the space to grow then he will spent money
    probably first with premium and then he will buy some diamonds

they have changed what the zones gives and now you get no dives in zones even medium ones
    thats not the answer to move old players in higher zones
    what about the new player that needs the dives more than me???
    at least the dives should be the same in every zone
    and only the handyman 2000 is enough to sent old players high to farm

we give all advantages to old and kill the new
    all you smart people start a new account make your own guild and tell me when you wil quit playing??? you can hardly find anyone weak enough to kill him and take skulls so you can not advance in pvp
    diamonds farming??? have you see how few are the diamonds in lower zones you farm 2 hours in zone 13+ and you get 3k the new will never get

old player will spent diamonds to ammo and items
    while new to build his ship
    who needs the diamonds more?

the silly answer get stronger is no valid
    will you give him 300 euro to start considering to be a little strong??
    money for seals improvements and dives to get some bombastic
    he will not be max out but he will start to be a strong one and he would farm more easily in medium zones

abangcool99 and fotocomic like this.
  14. MaxGrand

MaxGrand User

I agree with Anikhte, just because we had to go through getting sunk all the time and getting slaughtered arena does not make it right. I am so tired of hearing old players yammer on about how easy we have it now. It is part of a game it must evolve or it will die, same as PS needs some changes now to entice newer players to stay. What is wrong with giving out some more dives in lower zones and picking up more than 13 diamonds from chest in 7? This maybe a free to play game but it certainly is a big money game if you want to be any good without it taking two years. I have played this game going on 10 months now and it has taken me this long to get reasonably strong and when I think about how much money it cost me it makes me wonder why did I even keep playing. That is what we need to change to get the new players to keep playing otherwise you may as well chalk up all the time and money we have spent on our accounts as a loss because this server is dying and dying quick. Just try and get pirate glory on a 44 or better day without sitting at a port war all day, good luck. Something needs to be done and done quickly, the above poster from POTC showed you all you need to see both players and Big Point as well, 33 new players gone! In two more months BP could have made some darn good money from those 33 people not to mention we would have 33 more players in arena for pg etc etc..

15. Go to German server and try farm and you'll tell me then

fotocomic likes this.
  16. ANIKHTE

ANIKHTE User

well i am glad there are people that really like the game and they would like to see it staying

people will spent money on the game not all of them but after they played it 2-3 months and they liked it now they do not even play it after day 1 sad but true

and all have people that are part of the problem posting in the forums how everyhting is okey we the game and does not need changes.
    we say the server is empty the post my guild is full of new players
    we say arena has problems they say learn to play
    we say that they say stop whining

it is so amazing that there are people that have completely feeling of the game than the 98% of the people playing it
    and the most fun of it they do not care to make the towns fool by posting this thing on line

17. lamoia100

lamoia100 User

well some like to sink low level players, and wow they chain them as well. as a premium member you are given a green gremlin head or skull indicating the ship you sunk within that day. that same skull should be awarded to all not just premium membership. PVP if chaining commences after 3 sinks the player looses PVP that would stop a lot of chaining in zones and give even high level players a chance as well as low level players. just a hard core idea sort of like forfeits n pushing in arena points awarded losses occur regardless of level membership or money contributed I came to play have fun be entertained not to be bored to death by chaining forfeits pushing in arena i do understand some hate to lose in games but if stiffer rules were put in place they can go on sinking and get no where that's what needs to happen.

18. ANIKHTE

ANIKHTE User

well some great behavior from some few players empty the game servers
    arena pushing
    battleground pushing
    and the endless sinking in the zones
    the game is simple too hostile for new players
    what you expect a new players join he can not sink anyone sinked all the time
    he will say oh spent 300 euros to buy seals and dive to be able to much others??
    or he will stop playing
    people in this forum say they will just open their wallets and spent money
    what really happen is they log out and never return

either we can sit and talk about the real problems and how to deal with them or as in the game even the forum is dying the same people posting and as you see in their messages many consider the game past saving

fotocomic likes this.
  19. Frankly, I agree that his game could use a real shake up in its dynamics. The number of active players has plummeted over the past year. I would like to see BP apply an aggressive set of changes to make the game attractive to new players. Yeah, it would probably anger some old players but I'll bet even more would like the challenge of a new environment. Maybe some more would come back if they find things are different with more challenges.
    The game has become too routine.

crazysohail likes this.
  20. ANIKHTE

ANIKHTE User

trying to keep old player is a dream
    you play the game you get bored you change game
    thats a law
    only way the game survives is with new to replace the old
    here company was wrong it favored the old ones and lost the new ones
    the game is too hostile for new players were the future lays

make it playable for new players
    maybe old players stop for 1 year 2 years