Limit Number of Allies

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by -j2albertson-, Dec 22, 2013.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BP should limit the number of allies that a guild can have. There should be ONLY 1 ally allowed. Pirates NEVER had allies. This is getting ridiculous when you attack a guild and they don't even defend. Instead they have their allies defend while they attack your island. DO SOMETHING BP.

it is also absolute BS that guilds are able to "trade". If a "guild 1" is attacked by say "guild 2", then "guild 1" should not be allowed to attack "guild 2" until "guild 1" either is successful or fails. Do this and maybe you will see more people on line because they have to take care of their own business and you will stop all the cheating going on around the last day of each month.

ROARY likes this.
  2. He is Only Saying That Because They Never Get To Plunder Islands WIth allies(Please Grow Your GUild) Without (edit) B-G Yea You know what im talking about:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited by moderator: Dec 22, 2013
  3. J3$V!N

J3$V!N User

Well I don't think t would be easy for the small guilds to grow without alliances. Maybe they should keep a limit to number of allies according the guild level maybe?
    ;)

4. ROARY

ROARY User

in a way i agree, a guild should be on his own, when you hit a island its between you and that guild, not the whole game ^^

5. You are contradicting yourself here. "They never get to plunder islands with allies" means you only need 1 member in your guild. "Grow your Guild" is correct. I have no problem with a guild having all the members it can to defend, but not having 3 or 4 other guilds defending their island while they attack yours.

And as I said before....BP....Pirate Storm is the name of the game, and PIRATES aren't supposed to have allies. Get rid of them.

Also, MODS, "THE_PHANTOM" is making false accusations and you should be banning his account.

6. qwerty

qwerty User

-j2albertson-, THINK! THINK! THINK! This game doesn't revolve around you and your guild and your needs and limitations. Not all guilds have the problems your guild has. At least, the successful ones don't have them. There is nothing wrong with the system, so if an unsuccessful guild has problems with it, it is not Pirate Storm's or Bigpoint's fault. The system is quite challenging which makes it good for the game as a whole. What may be good for you and your guild may not be good for the game as a whole.

By the way, that "trading" that you were talking about... When allies "trade", they do that to invoke a 24-hour parley. Because they need to sleep too, and they won't leave their islands open for your guild to steal their points.

Also, consider the negative effects of what you are suggesting. You have a brain, so you can do that.

You want your guild to be successful? Then improve your guild and get good allies. The guilds you hate are successful because they worked hard and they neither complained nor felt envious of what bigger guilds can do. If you want your guild to be successful, sorry bro, but you won't achieve that by using the forum and asking Bigpoint to make things easier for you. Successful guilds worked hard to get stronger and and to come up with superb strategies to outsmart their opponents.

By the way, pirates had allies or partners or friends before, and not just 5, but technically there was no limit to how many they could have. Pirates did work together.

I wouldn't be surprised if "THE_PHANTOM" is absolutely right.

Peace.

AlexHollywood likes this.
  7. Querty,

First of all, I am not envious of guilds that are strong. A "strong" guild can fight their own fights.

Secondly, your following quote is exactly why BP needs to do something. "Trading" is AGAINST the rules.
    From your post: By the way, that "trading" that you were talking about... When allies "trade", they do that to invoke a 24-hour parley. Because they need to sleep too, and they won't leave their islands open for your guild to steal their points.

From your post: You want your guild to be successful? Then improve your guild and get good allies. The guilds you hate are successful because they worked hard and they neither complained nor felt envious of what bigger guilds can do. If you want your guild to be successful, sorry bro, but you won't achieve that by using the forum and asking Bigpoint to make things easier for you. Successful guilds worked hard to get stronger and and to come up with superb strategies to outsmart their opponents.

I am not asking BP to make anything easier for my guild. My point is that NO guild, including mine, should have multiple allies. If you need 1 ally to help you, then fine. But to have 4 and 5 allies defending your island while you attack the guild that is attacking you, is ridiculous. YOU should have to defend your own island even if you have an ally helping because you are too weak to do it yourself. So, don't tell me about making my guild stronger...Make your own guild stronger and then you wont need 5 allies to do your fighting for you.

And the "superb" strategies that you are talking about...The "trading' and meetings in team-speak to decide who is going to finish in top ten, are all against the PS rules. But don't let a little thing like that stop you from feeling good about yourself.

8. Here is a thought for you....Let them keep all the allies they want. Just no ppv or skulls from allies, just like guild-mates. After all, aren't you just saying that all these allies are just extensions of the same "super"-guild? You want to see how quickly alliances get dropped if they cant get ppv from trading with over half the server ?

9. brutality

brutality User

I agree j2, there is major issue with this
    They dont realize they are Killing the island attacks!!
    and as far as sleeping that is what an 8hr parley is for!!!
    but ur right j2 they can attack when there ally defends without any of their own guild in the defend(not right)
    basically we have 8 out of the top 10 guilds all allied ,, but yet most dont see issue with that!!!
    2nd thing there are guild now that are dropping there alliance so they can get pvp , then putting it back up as soon as they are done(basically trading pvp) easy way to stop this is a 24hr-48 hr cool-down on alliances
    3rd they should have only 1 ally per guild, right now its crazy
    You have a guld who is allied with 4 other guilds. but yet they cant attack anyone but their alliances ally. this is so messed up , You have 20-30 boats and have seen as many as 40 boats in a defend. How is any guild supposed to be able to attack and with that many defenders. So now its eon , how,and bdp allied, but yet how and i-t, and then there is bgc sca and ros and fsw. then u have bdp, who isnt with bgc but wiht half the other top 10 guilds , so how are any of the top 10 guilds supposed to be able to attack if 8 of them are aligned in same way shape form or fashion!!
    and i know i am going t get alot of flack over this post and lots of smart comments,
    but i am asking legitimate questions
    so who are they suppose to attack their ally's ally??
    I dont think BP intended it to be this way..
    and all the players making smart comments need to see bigger picture.
    quwerty u said alot of messed up things above,
    we are ery successful guild and see the same issues that j2 sees.
    u dont have to be successful if u have 5 allys is what you are sayin( that is messed up)
    BP/Piratestrom does need to change this..

-j2albertson- likes this.
  10. I agree.. the current system doesn't work for a small server. On the EU servers, I would think you NEED the 5 allies, but not on the US1 server.

11. JohnGalt

JohnGalt User

maybe have a 8 hr parlay after your plundered instead of 24 hrs ? This would give players a chance ot get more points and they would have to be more active to trade islands every 8 hrs and there may be more action for us who like team play in islands attacks. i would liek ot see every 6 hrs it resets with a 8 hr guild parley yu can put on.
    there is my 2 cents

12. qwerty

qwerty User

Against BIGPOINT's rules or against YOUR rules? LOL man. Show me those rules.

The thing is, all the guilds who can make it to the top ten are allied to one another. Weak guilds are allied to other weak guilds. Strong alliances against stronger alliances. Weak alliances almost have no chance. But why would strong guilds ally with weak guilds?

In our server the top ten is always a war between the 2-3 most powerful alliances. I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but it's not "deciding who goes to the top ten". It's a war but ONLY BETWEEN THE COMPETENT GUILDS.

By the way, if other guilds can have allies defend their islands while they are attacking another guild, your guild can do that too. All guilds have the right to do that. If you have worthless allies, it's not the game's fault, but yours. So stop talking in a "life is so unfair" tone.

Man, you just say the same things over and over again.

Oh by the way, against my guild ALONE, most other guilds don't have a chance to defend successfully unless they have 5 or more allies. You need allies more than we do.

13. Qwerty, you just don't get it. So I will stop trying to explain it to you. But the fact that you say "all the guilds who can make it to the top ten are allied to one another" just proves my point. Guilds have to drop alliances and trade islands in order to stay in top ten. That in itself is "cheating". Same thing as "trading ppv".

My guild has NO allies. So we don't have to rely on a strong guild to defend us like you do. And yes, we ARE in top 10, without trading with our sisters....

14. You guys CHOSE to have no allies. That is no one's problem but your own.

15. brutality

brutality User

there are only so many to be allied with, this server is not lke that of euro, where there are massive amounts of guilds,
    so what yall are saying is every should be allies to every1, if that is case, then who is left for you to attack. and just because they arent allied to top guild they are weak.
    hmm, sounds like your logic is backwards to me

16. qwerty

qwerty User

j2albertson, oh yes I do get your point, and I find it very shallow.
    Trying to take you seriously is hard. You're not thinking; the things you say are based on your feelings.

GUILDS DON'T GET POINTS BY "TRADING": THEY WIN AND LOSE AT THE SAME TIME IN THE PROCESS. And the purpose of that is TO INVOKE PARLEY. You want their islands to be open for you every night? Yes, of course. You have no allies to help you invoke parley so you get plundered everyday? That's your problem, not the game's problem. Your guild lacks strength and proper timing to attack guilds with allies? That's your problem, not the game's problem. You keep saying "trading, trading, trading". Get over it man, they don't get points from that. Sometimes they would even lose a few points from that if their plundering strength is not 100%. They just get the 24 parley they want (which you don't want for them). The thing is, they would rather lose a few points in that process so they can close their islands before they go to sleep, instead of leaving their islands open for your guild to attack. It works and you don't like it.

Just because you feel cheated doesn't mean other guilds are really cheating. They are OUTSMARTING you by decreasing your chances to get points from them. It's not their fault that they are smarter and/or more capable than you.

YOU SAID: "But the fact that you say 'all the guilds who can make it to the top ten are allied to one another' just proves my point."

^What??? Don't be funny. What I said doesn't prove your point in any way. Unless you think that powerful guilds being allied to one another is wrong??? LOL.

YOU ALSO SAID: "My guild has NO allies. So we don't have to rely on a strong guild to defend us like you do. And yes, we ARE in top 10, without trading with our sisters...."

^I wonder how much of that is accurate. I figured your guild has the worst timing ever, because who in their right minds would attack a powerful guild when their more or less equally powerful allies are available to defend them? LOL. Look, my guild's enemies have 4-5 allies, but when we attack them, we make sure only a few (if not none) can help them. If they aren't on parley, we ask our allies to attack their allies while our guild attacks our target.

Work on your strategy and timing man. You need to. And get allies. But if you don't want allies or you can't get allies, that's your issue, so please don't pull others down with you.

[brutality, yes in general weak guilds are allied to other weak guilds. Otherwise, they could get strong allies as strong guilds would want to them as partners (Although there could be a few exceptions). And yes, even if you consider my logic to be backwards, I am the only one demonstrating logic on this thread so far (not you). Question: Are you playing in an almost "dead server"? If that's the case, the entire game really shouldn't adjust just for that. That would mess up the very active servers.]

j2albertson, I request that you show me the rules or something written by Bigpoint which proves that other guilds are cheating or doing anything against some rules. You think they are cheating? Then tell Bigpoint to ban them. Goodluck to that.

In my opinion, you are trying to create your own rules in favor of your own situation. Get over it.

Bigpoint won't decrease the number of allies allowed just to help the less fortunate guilds have a better chance against other guilds. HELP YOURSELVES.

LOL! My reply looks like a newspaper article. :D

Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
  17. WinstonMan

WinstonMan User

The concept of alliances between two groups of peoples is as ancient as when men first walked the earth. It is a core aspect to the guild side of the game and should not be messed with. It creates a huge degree of variety on an otherwise potentially bland area of the game. This variety is what adds to the game and makes it interesting and unique. it creates unpredictable circumstances and makes for interesting game play. Doing away with this variety in my opinion would help kill this game.

You should bear this in mind....

When you ally with another guild you cannot gain points via plundering that guild. Yes you can attack each other as you have laid out but the points do not leave that sphere of guild. Nothing is gained by it. The more guilds you are allied to the less real options you guild has for plunder point climbing. It is a 6 of 1 half dozen of another scenario. You are merely changing from a more offensive position to a more defensive one the more guilds you ally with. Reducing this number of options from 5 to 1 simply forces all guilds to adopt the same style of gameplay as you yourself want to be party to. This is not advantageous to your situation either. You may think that if everyone was only allied to one group then 'all would be solved' but this is just stupid. The ceasefire button does not determine guild relations. Guilds can and would co-operate and work together without this buttons existence.

The guilds that have 5 allies have less options and as a result are forced to defend more. Many a time those with allies close to them in range have not the options you with no allies have and therefore have to wait much longer for an option to appear. The guilds with less allies are forced to attack more. This is all you should see it as.

Guilds with a lot of allies can still be taken and we do do so. Guild islands are stacked in the attackers favor even with 5 allies these islands no matter the level are able to be plundered. This just shows how weak island defenses truly are that 1 guild can take down an island with 5 guilds defending. You may or may not be able to do so. I don't know.

You are whining about something that not only creates variety and originality and unforeseen circumstances but you are also demanding big point remove an otherwise perfectly functioning aspect of the game to suite your own mindset.

Guild alliances are not just for islands. They are used to help smaller guilds grow and be their own entity, fill in new players on strategies in attack and defence and increase the chances of epic island battles.

Your idea simply reduces the excitement of the game. Less island battles for players = less interesting game. Less strategy, less variety, less inter guild co-operation, less pvp, less fun.

YOU HYPOCRITE!!!! 'you will stop all the cheating'.... your guild is lets just say hiring automated workers because your leader is incapable of building a guild without such (in your own words and therefore can stand) cheating. Your guild has lost any credibility it might have gained if you had done any work yourself. When you cease to be a hypocrite then come to this forum accusing others of cheating.

Meanwhile on the topic of trading I am not for it at all. Its annoying an inhibits the guild attack aspect of the game. However note this: these guilds doing so are actually a limitation to their players, who surely must find their guild more boring because of this. These guilds tend to struggle just to maintain their player base. They kill themselves by them doing so. Just let them be and let them die out.

Happy sailing,

WinstonMan ;)

18. qwerty

qwerty User

Finally, someone with a brain! Merry Christmas WinstonMan.

I just wanna slam the trading thing that the starter of this thread keeps whining about. There's no "trading". When 2 or more allied guilds temporarily cancel their alliance to attack each other's islands, they don't earn points by doing that. While they get points by plundering an ally's island, at the same time they lose it to the ally plundering their island. Sometimes they lose more than they get when their plundering strength is not full, but it doesn't matter, because the purpose of that is to force a 24-hour parley to close their islands before most members go to bed at night. And this should be good unless most players are willing to lose some sleep and have a poor school/work performance for the sake of this game. As such, me and my buddies find our guild rather practical and strategic than boring... because we have families, relationships, and school or work too.

But who cares? It's good to know there's someone out here who uses his mind. Happy holidays. :)

19. I am actually laughing. You think that just because someone doesn't share your thoughts that they have no life :p

And YES qwerty (cant even use Pirate Storm name), you are correct that both guilds lose/gain points. It is STILL trading, just as if you were "trading" ppv or skulls with allies. And to your point about someone losing more than they gain, they don't care because they raid 20 dead guilds at the beginning of the month and have the points to "give" away.

Maybe it would be better if PS/BP just eliminated those guilds that are at level 5 and above that are "dead". If they deleted guilds that don't do raids (meaning you couldn't just make a guild to be plundered), then you would have to do actual raids against live guilds at the beginning of each month.

So you just keep hiding behind your "forum name" and keep believing that this is supposed to be a kiss your sister game. I will continue to believe that you should be strong enough to DEFEND yourself and not have half the server come to your rescue. And if you get plundered then you get plundered, but at least you can look and say that you were able to do it with your own guild mates.

Anyways, I am done with this.

Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas and a safe New Years.

20. qwerty

qwerty User

Funny guy. You think that I think that just because someone doesn't share my thoughts that they have no life? Where are you getting this from?

Yes, "qwerty" is not my game username. SO? Why is that a big deal for you? It's no big deal man. LOL. I hope you are not going to say that this is against some rules.

SO? Got a problem with that? Everyone can "raid 20 dead guilds" at the start of the month. Regarding allies attacking each other to close islands, call it "trading" if you feel like it. Just remember that it is only against YOUR rules, and not BIGPOINT's rules.

You are free to believe or think whatever you want, but just don't forget to use your brain.

If you wanna play the martyr then do it. LOL. No one is stopping you if you don't want allies. If you don't want allies, other guilds do. To each his own. On the other hand, how about thinking at the same time that your guild should also be strong enough to ATTACK against "half of the server"?

LOL. 4-6 guilds=half of your server? Around 450 players are half of the server? And when you attack one of them, all the other guilds are available to help them defend most of the time? LOL. That's your problem. Read my 3rd post regarding this.

I kind of feel like you are might be bitter because cool guilds don't want you as an ally.

BE RATIONAL DUDE.

And please, if "THE PHANTOM" and WinstonMan are correct, stop "hiring automated workers" or whatever it may be. Now, that's what cheating is. And that's what is against the rules.

PS: I think you are playing the wrong game. Since you keep complaining about what's going in this game. You wanna defend by yourself? Quit this game then play plants vs zombies or something. And if you don't want to quit this game, that's okay too. You can stay, but don't try to turn this game into something else that suits your own taste even if it would make the game ugly as a whole.

Read my previous posts. And read WinstonMan's post as well. Dealing with you is a waste of time. This kinda explains why you don't have allies. If you have anything more to say (to me), just read my posts again. Those will do. If they don't, then find an adult to explain to you everything I said. I already said everything that has to be said so I'm done with this thread. If you are already feeling like trying to get personal with me, feel free to do so. That would be very entertaining for the future readers of this thread.

Ciao!

Happy holidays to everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.