FAQs: Winter Event - Attack of the Frostwolves

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by Wedgewood, Dec 16, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wedgewood

Wedgewood bp_phrase_Forum_Demigod

Attack of the Frostwolves FAQs

What's this event all about?

At the grand Winter Event, the Frostwolf and his generals will be attacking the Pirate Storm world. You can fight him and his lackeys across bonus maps, quests and guild island invasions. Unlock items only available from the trader during the Winter Event.

How long will the event run?

Ten event quests and bonus maps will be available for play during the first 10 days; they give players the chance to earn discounts on event items. Three additional bonus maps will be unlocked on the eleventh day.

Will there be special quests and maps during the event?

Yes, of course there will be special event quests. Each quest unlocks an event map and rewards you with 10% discount on the event ship when a map has successfully been completed. Like on our regular bonus maps, the event maps can be finished only once (either by completing it or by losing all lives), so better prepare yourself with enough lives before entering an event map! This is the schedule:

Event Quest 1: (unlocks Event Map 1 for the 1st time, 12:00 – 24:00)
    Event Quest 2: (unlocks Event Map 1 for the 2nd time, 00:00 – 24:00)
    Event Quest 3: (unlocks Event Map 1 for the 3rd time, 00:00 – 24:00)
    Event Quest 4: (unlocks Event Map 2 for the 1st time, 00:00 – 24:00)
    Event Quest 5: (unlocks Event Map 2 for the 2nd time, 00:00 – 24:00)
    Event Quest 6: (unlocks Event Map 2 for the 3rd time, 00:00 – 24:00)
    Event Quest 7: (unlocks Event Map 3 for the 1st time, event ammunition needed to kill the event map NPC, 00:00 – 24:00)
    Event Quest 8: (unlocks Event Map 3 for the 2nd time event ammunition needed to kill the event map NPC, 00:00 – 24:00)
    Event Quest 9: (unlocks Event Map 3 for the 3rd time event ammunition needed to kill the event map NPC, 00:00 – 24:00)
    Event Quest 10: (unlocks Event Map 3 for the 4th time event ammunition needed to kill the event map NPC, 00:00 – 24:00)

Event Maps 4-6 will be available for all players without having to unlock them with a quest. They are repeatable during the given time without limit.

Event Map 4: (00:00-12:00)
    Event Map 5: (00:00-12:00)
    Event Map 6: (00:00-12:00)

If I miss an event map, will I be able to play it afterward?

No. You can only enter an event map on its respective day. Previously activated event quests will still be playable and you'll receive the normal rewards of XP and gold.

Which bonus maps are available?

There are 6 bonus maps in all. Icewind Cliffs, Snowdrift, Frostfire, Icebreath, Black-Ice Ballad and Frostbite. A different map is possible each day. You must unlock the map by completing a special quest. The first three maps give you a rebate on the "Fist of Icegard" ship or the new "Blizzard' ship. It is possible to earn a 100% rebate. On several maps you'll need the "Icebreaker" event ammunition. The last three maps will be unlocked on the 11th day of the event and can be played daily.

Will there be special NPCs during the event?

Yes. For Map 10 and above there'll be 2 Frostwolf generals causing trouble. Find and defeat them to claim your prize. Warning: they're highly elusive.

And there are three brand new BOSS (Colossal Ice Beast) npcs and minions (Colossal Ice Beastlings) with exclusive rewards:
    - “low level” BOSS (Young Colossal Ice Beast): Spawns on Gusty Cliffs (11) each day at: 3 a.m., 9 a.m., 1 p.m., 3 PM, 5 p.m., 7 p.m., 10 p.m.
    - “mid level” BOSS (Colossal Ice Beast): Spawns on Karuma (23) each day at: 2 a.m., 7 a.m., 12 p.m., 4 p.m., 8 p.m.
    - “high level” BOSS (Veteran Colossal Ice Beast): Spawns on Frostwik (31) each day at: 1 a.m., 8 a.m., 2 p.m., 6 p.m.

What is the Guild Island Invasion and how can you take part?

There are 3 guild islands under siege by foreign pirate masters. Expect Stub-fang Frostwolves, Snap- jaw Frostwolves and Fabid Frostwolves. The invasion islands can be found on the guild window under the Island list. For each successful raid on the invasion islands you'll receive invasion points. These are needed to unlock the event booty. An invasion can be launched by anyone with the necessary guild rights.

What rewards are available?

Beyond the "Fist of Icegard" ship and its "Iceberg Deck" there are also other rewards for successful plundering of the invasion islands. The rewards can be found in the guild window under rewards / invasion. The Frostbrand ship, which can be purchased for gold, is also listed there. The exclusive Might of the Winter winter event set can also be purchased from the trader.

Winter-Token
    Winter-Tokens can be found on all Winter Event Bonus Maps. When you kill an NPC you can receive a token, these will be directly given to you. A counter for these Tokens is available above the mini-map. With these Tokens you can purchase some new Items. You can either find them in the known shop tabs or all together in the new Event-Shop Tab. This Shop Tab will remain in the Game.

New One Shot Item Type: Mines
    We introduce to you the Mines. Three of them are available for this Winter Event. You can place up to 8 Mines on the Map you are currently on. When you switch the Map or logout, these Mines will be removed from the Map and will come back to your inventory.
    If you place more than the mentioned 8 Mines the oldest one will be lost, so be careful! A message will let you know when you have reached your maximum.
    Entering the Harbor or being sunk by an enemy does not remove your mines from the playfield. If you are invisible and drop a mine you will be revealed. The PvP Protection Buff will not be removed just by placing a mine, but if the Mine detonates it will be removed.

You won’t be affected by your own mines if they explode, also NPCs are safe from them.

New Items:
    Anti-Mine Keel
    Anti-Mine Rudder
    Figurine “Grenadier”
    Barrel Mine
    Homing Mine
    Frostwolf Mine

Will there be event ammo?

Yes. Event ammo will be offered in the shop. It is required to kill NPCs on the Frostfire and Frosty Death event maps. In addition, the event ammo causes doubled cannonball damages on all event maps. They also cause double damages on guild islands captured by the ice wolves.

How do I acquire event ammo?

You can loot event ammo on the maps Snowdrift, Frostfire, Black-ice Ballad and Frosty Death, or receive them there as a reward. It's also available from the trader, of course.

Will there be event cannons?

Yes. There's a certain chance of receiving an event cannon after successful completion of the map Black-ice Ballad. This chance is 100% for the map Frosty Death.

You can also unlocked additional cannons during the invasions!

Last edited by moderator: Aug 12, 2018
    Lászzló, chav and Lator like this.
  2. Wedgewood

Wedgewood bp_phrase_Forum_Demigod

When will the event shop run until?

There is no extra time beyond the event to purchase items. Be sure to grab them before the event end date!

chav and Lator like this.
  3. WaterWillow

WaterWillow Team Leader Team Pirate Storm

Note: The availability and cost for items may be subject to change.

Might of The Winter Set Items

Availability: Invasion of the Frostwolves

upload_2019-12-16_12-3-47.png

Frost-Rimmed Sail

upload_2019-12-16_12-5-8.png

Frozen Mast

upload_2019-12-16_12-4-17.png

Icicle Rudder

upload_2019-12-16_12-4-32.png

Arctic Keel

upload_2019-12-16_12-5-32.png

Blizzard

upload_2019-12-16_12-5-54.png

Fist of Icegard

upload_2019-12-16_12-8-4.png

Iceberg Deck

(Goes Only on the Fist of Icegard)

upload_2018-12-17_16-29-43.png

Frostbrand

upload_2018-12-17_16-13-2.png

Sleetshine Deck

(Goes only on the Frostbrand)

upload_2019-12-16_11-55-41.png

Lászzló likes this.
  4. WaterWillow

WaterWillow Team Leader Team Pirate Storm

Note: The availability and cost for items may be subject to change.

Miscellaneous Items

upload_2018-12-17_16-20-38.png
    upload_2018-12-17_16-17-42.png
    upload_2018-12-17_16-19-7.png

upload_2018-12-17_7-11-55.png

upload_2018-12-17_7-13-9.png

upload_2018-12-17_7-14-22.png

Improvements

Anti-Mine Rudder
    upload_2018-12-17_7-31-28.png

Grenadier Figurehead
    upload_2018-12-17_7-32-46.png

Anti-Mine Keel
    upload_2018-12-17_7-34-8.png

Icebreaker Hull Plating
    upload_2018-12-17_16-22-14.png

Cannons

Nor'easter
    upload_2018-12-17_16-23-56.png

Ice Storm
    upload_2018-12-19_0-11-6.png

Ammunition

Icebreaker Cannonballs

upload_2018-12-19_0-11-47.png

_WhiteBeard_, tora, Lászzló and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.