Death Jaunt improvement?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Fred_Filthy, Jan 22, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. After playing and watching Death Jaunt (WAY more than we want to!) and seeing everyone's complaints, one idea comes to mind.
    Require that no more than 60 seconds (more or less) elapse without a ship being sunk or the game would end without an Eagle being awarded.
    This would reduce a couple of the main problems. There would be a great incentive for players to hunt each other instead of hiding in a corner. It would put a time pressure that would reduce the ability of groups to coordinate, thus giving individuals a greater chance of competing.

So play would not drag and competition would be improved. And if we are stuck watching to get the quest credit, at least it would be interesting. :)

Anyway, just a thought to increase wider participation/interest in this BF.

2. -Scruff-

-Scruff- User

Good idea Fred, maybe 30sec even. Also please get rid of the log out we keep having to cancel while watching till the end in order to get the quest credit. It is nice to still get coin if you leave to do other things, but if you do you do not get quest credit for being in game.

-_GrimReaper_- likes this.
  3. Also if players are detected to be hitting each other then repairing over and over again, they should both lose coins for that round of Battle Grounds and have a battle grounds ban for an hour to start. its ridiculous having players do that.

4. Hmmmm i don't think it's a good idea.............
    it's the ability of surviving and stealth..............
    if u don't want to watch the match just leave :p:p:p

5. phil1985

phil1985 User

i agree with frankstine i don't think it's a good idea makes it more fun when you hide in a corner you can then pick of the ones that have been attacked

6. rtp099

rtp099 User

there is another idea Fred... The match goes without limits until there are 6 players left. Once that happens, a 3 minute timer begins to conclude the match. A the end of 3 minutes and there is more than 1 player remaining, no one is declared the winner and those remaining only get 2 coins and no medal. It would allow the match to be concluded in a fair way, the match ends in a timely manner and players can't hold others indefinitely while they play the damage - repair - who should win scenario.

Otherwise, the match itself is completely exploited by larger guilds using team speak and the whole thing should be replaced with another team based match scenario instead of this poorly planned and executed match scenario.

7. Nope the Death jaunt now we currently have is great there should be no more edits in buthu bg

8. phil1985

phil1985 User

i agree with Frankstine

9. Well then thats fine for those that want to play hide and seek, however, BP is forcing those that actually battle and die to wait around to watch everyone else sit around hiding or playing circle rep. if they want credit. If they would get rid of that requirement I do not think anyone would really care as much.
    Frankly, I do not think that is what they had in mind for a fight to the death match BG or they would not have shrunk the map. Clearly BP was attempting to design it for all out battle and not hide and eventually seek. However, it has failed and left it an easily manipulated BG.

Perhaps they could create a cage match BG. :) Map is 1/4 the size, no islands. Just a one life PW to the last ship standing.....

10. phil1985

phil1985 User

so if you went on your own hunting ships in that Battleground and you got sunk you will most probaley complain about it the reason allot stay in the corner is so that the bigger and stronger players get sunk first leaving the weaker to win it. IF your GUILD Members were in there you would work in a team i bet to sink the stronger ships so that one of you won its called team work. There is no point changing the game because players are complaining they are not winning or it unfair teams so what deal with it and became stronger and enjoy playing the Battlegrounds.

11. Death Jaunt should be an ONE winner battleground (the best player and/or the best strategy). That it is NOT. It was improved, but not enough.

12. death jaunt is the only bg gives chances to other to win whether if they are weak or strong,it was improved but like thanatos said not enough so just wait for BP to improved it again but its not bad as I said this the only bg give chance to other like me:):)

13. I'm not complaining that I'm not winning. I'm complaining that it is simply the single most boring BG AND the only one we are stuck watching other players being boring. I get plenty of coins, I like most BG's for the fun of it. Death Jaunt is more like a long car trip where I'm asking "how long till we get there?"

14. phil1985

phil1985 User

you dont have to watch the other player play

15. if you don't want to stuck in the corner fight all of them even me I feel bored around 15 min you stuck in the corner and wait for how many players left that's boring but that is part of strategy..

16. phil1985

phil1985 User

i agree

17. Tell that to BP, if you want coins you have to watch at least for a while and if you want quest credit you have to watch to the bitter end. I finally just abandoned doing those quests since I could get better just by using that time farming.

I agree that the current way the game is set up, the best strategy is to sit in a corner. THAT is part of the complaint. It encourages everyone to sit in corners as long as possible. Not exactly the usual goal of an "action" game. :)

18. phil1985

phil1985 User

no you dont you get the coins when you are sunk it an opion to watch or not

19. ??
    A couple of times I hit cancel and did not end up with the coin. Seems to be hit or miss if yo cancel. And you definitely do not get quest credit if you do not stick it out to the end. So the quest is pointless since you can use that time to get far more than the quest can give you.

And still, the fact that the best strategy for this game involves huddling with a group in the corner or hiding by yourself while everyone else hides seems to make the whole thing a drag.

20. phil1985

phil1985 User

i always got the coins me mate you should of told bigpoint mate they would of looked into it for you i think hunting in a group is better you can find out who the stronger players are or is and turn on them

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.