Chat Mod

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Synalith, Aug 1, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Synalith

Synalith User

Don't like em. Got banned for no reason cause I said "i need skullz :p" while in a bonus map. So needing skulls is now considered trading? My fault I need em for large warriors yup :/

2. Asian101..

Asian101.. User

its against the chat rule m8...

3. Asian101..

Asian101.. User

you cants ask people for there skull or pvp on chat...

4. just ask someone to duel them. that will solve your issue ;)

5. Synalith

Synalith User

i didn't ask anyone for skulls at all. i was in the bonus map.
    guess i cant complain to much could have been worse

6. .-Ducky-.

.-Ducky-. User

Since when have we had a chat mod? Also, of all the things i've seen go on and what has been said in chat, this is what's focused on?

MacAttack92 and Synalith like this.
  7. Lakelander

Lakelander User

Just ask folks to have a Port War. Otherwise the Inquisitors will hex ya and you'll be exiled to the Plains of Gahenna for a fortnight. Be afeared Matey, rightly and surely.

8. Lakelander

Lakelander User

Actually Bucky's Wench is a senior System Admin and puts the bans in auto mode cause she can, M8. Yaaarrrr1

9. TCNiSO

TCNiSO User

The chat admin must be a very homely person, they sure do love abusing their powers.

10. sorry guys - disagree with you -you all have pushed the boundaries in chat - me too - and now the boundaries are pushing back by asking you to obey the rules - what is the problem - if you stop baiting then - no problems!!
    Chat at moment is certainly less offensive!!!

slugbugblue likes this.
  11. I agree with Chas; might have been able to skate with the marginal guild name, but some ppl had to troll the mods till they went looking for something bannable

ChasJohnLadbrook likes this.
  12. SeaWolf101

SeaWolf101 User

Seriously, it's getting nuts here! I just got a chat ban for saying, gf ty?! (good fight Thank-you) Really?! We've been saying that on Global forever on this site. If BigPoint wants to ban chat, go after the players that derogatorily continue to abuse chat. Not for something so utterly stupid.
    I forgot to mention the ban is until 10/8/15. For something that stupid.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
    MacAttack92 and Synalith like this.
  13. slammer

slammer User

i got a auto ban for say hi crapypirate ( thats his ingame name) i can understand the ban because its automated ban. so now i say hi cpirate.
    But to my big surprise when i was telling this in the guild chat that i said crapypirate i got also banned. So i asked gild members about chat bans in gild chat and some have also got auto kicks, Well i havent played for 1 year so it was new to me being kicked in gild chat.
    Seems to me over controling from BP to monitor gilde chat bc if a player doesnt like the gilde chat he can leave the gilde and if a gilde doesnt like a members chat he can be deleted from the gilde.
    So now i wonder can CM-s also monitor gilde chat now or is it only automated?

14. Synalith

Synalith User

It is both. chat mods and auto ban sequence is in any chat be it global,
    whisper, group chat, and clan chat. if you want to talk to your guild mates and not have it seen you'll have to use an external place to chat. like a facebook group, teamspeak, or KiK if you all have smart phones.

SeaWolf101 likes this.
  15. slammer

slammer User

synalith thanks for the reply. Still i would like a answer from a CM. Do CM-s have the option to monitor guild chat.
    Synalith guild chat is different then global ,group and whisper on multilingual game servers because there are members of a guild in different language chatrooms all connected to the guild chat. so if a french guildmember is posting on the guildchat ,chatting to an english guildmember who (if it is) monitors it a french CM or is it an English CM. plus language servers dont have all the same chat rules.

But anyway imho is over the top to control guild chat.

16. SeaWolf101

SeaWolf101 User

Good point and you're absolutely right. Using other means to communicate is the only way to talk freely with friends and Guild members. No matter how you look at the chat bans lately, (be it chat mods or auto bans,) for things said so innocently and have been said a thousand times in chat rooms without incident. The punishment is far greater then the 'crime'. This is not the way to handle players, (especially paying players of many years). Yes, I can see a ban on players that blatantly swear in chat and try to get away with it. Or players that say something derogatory against another player. By all means things like that should be banned. But as of late, the bans have been ridiculous and totally unfair to many players.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  17. SeaWolf101

SeaWolf101 User

In my case, I got in contact with the 'Care Team' on this site and my chat ban has been lifted. Thank-you BigPoint's Care Team for lifting my ridiculous chat ban. So in my case, I guess it must have been auto-ban instead of chat mods that kicked me off Global chat Aug 7th.
    Is it the auto ban that's causing all the trouble we're having?! (Food for thought!) If so, it's creating more trouble then it's worth, lol!
    Yes, I have chat back...will I use it?! Probably not, lol! Until we know what's really going on, we're walking on eggshells in Global and Guild chat rooms.

18. SeaWolf101

SeaWolf101 User

WOW! I just got another auto chat ban again! (2nd time around within 5 days!) But I didn't say a word in chat! I was too busy doing missions to even bother with chat, when the chat box flashed and went blank, saying I was chat banned...Really?!...Cute! For what?! NOT saying anything?! o_O
    Players are obviously being cited for nothing! Seriously, when did this all start?! What exactly is auto chat ban?! Why do we need it! Because it ISN'T working right! And who's suppose to be in charge of it?! This HAS to fix soon. It's totally way out of hand!

Synalith likes this.
  19. slammer

slammer User

you can get a chat ban for something you said hours before. if a CM comes online he can read all the chats from the past and if he finds something not cool can ban you for that.

auto chat ban is a huge list of words and abrev-s that are forbidden and the software in the chat tool will respond when a player uses them and give an auto kick. auto chat ban tool is needed because CM-s can not be online 24/7

20. SeaWolf101

SeaWolf101 User

Just curious, since when has gf ty (good fight thank-you) unacceptable? It's been used by everyone as long as the many years I've played Pirate Storm. I do not abuse chat or people, nor swear in chat rooms.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.