A Pirate Crew ~ Skill Update

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by ROARY, Dec 21, 2013.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Would you look forward to seeing this new edition in Pirate Storm in 2014?

1. Yes

35 vote(s)
    58.3%
  2. No

19 vote(s)
    31.7%
  3. Maybe..

6 vote(s)
    10.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ROARY

ROARY User

This idea is to give the game more intelligence, New playing styles and make top players more skillful. This idea will effectively change the way pirate storm is played and i hope you all like it.

By giving players a new crew member in game with changeable skills it opens up a new strategy, Making even the strongest of players, not as strong as you if you set your skills better than he set his you will have the upper had, Here is some examples.

Crew Member's Name: Gunner

Description: A Gunner will indefinably enhance your ships firepower. With his sharp shooting and steady aim he will be sure to scare off those dreadful pirate hunters But be sure to use him wisely.

Options
      1. +5 Cannons
      2. -5 Scatter
      3. -5 Reload
    Crew Member's Name: Ships Pilot

Description: A Pilot can increase your ships top speed like non other. If you think that's good though you should see what he can do to your calico's jack.

Options
      1. +3 knots
      2. +15% on Calico's Jack

Crew Member's Name: Captain

Description: A Captain will lead your crew to great success but like every other captain he will be stubborn and think he knows best.

Options
    1. Increase Captains orders by 10%
    2. Decrease enemy Captains orders by 10%

Please Note: You may only select 1 option, The first time you select the cost is free after then you must reset your choice to change. To reset your choice it will be a fee of 10,000 Diamonds.

Update Cost: FREE (1st time only) Then 10,000 diamonds to reset each crew member to picking stage.

The crew will appear in your profile where your seals skills are located in a separate tab.
    The update will be launched with 4 crew only to start more will follow.

Big point will make there money with players switching between the options.

( I am looking for a 4th crew member, Think you can design him for me? i will pick the best and add it to this idea pool please use this layout

Crew Member's Name:
    Description:
    Options

Remember there must be at least 2 options to give the player an option to pick his best suited crew skill)​
    Thank you for taking your time to read this update idea. Hope you all have a merry Christmas and a happy new year

ROARY​

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
    ]Prometeus[ likes this.
  2. Albator

Albator User

I think it's not a good idea

3. I like the idea. It is a start to some kind of talent tree, which is indeed needed for PS. Everybody will be specialized in some way making the game more customizable. The more options the better. A downside could be, that it will be to unbalanced, making only one Crew favourable to take.
    I have this idea:
    Crew Member's Name: Cabin Boy

Description: The tough life aboard Pirate ships has made the cabin Boy faster then any other crew member in reparing your ship and the experience he has obtained aboard has given him the opportunity to make the ship stronger.

Options:
    Increase hitpoints by 2000
    Increase ship reparing by 5 %

(This guy, would give us a spec for ships that could take more punishment - what do u think?)

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  4. I like the idea but the stats are too unbalanced.

The second crew member : +3 knots, imagine an ahab with this bonus, it will be too speed. And the amelioration of the Calico's Jack don't help, it will be impossible to shoot people without he succeed to escape. -10% on Calico's Jack is better i think.

The third crew member : he's powerful, too powerful.
    +10% for me and - 10% for him, that makes a difference of 20% O_O
    Thinks about the order 3, or an ahab with the order 7 and 9 level 5.

(Sorry for my bad english)

ROARY and zazzou like this.
  5. ROARY

ROARY User

Thank you both for your feedback, With lots of input from other players the idea can be revamped into something amazing, Keep the ideas coming :D

6. This idea is being used in bigpoints other pirate game seafight. The only thing this idea will lead to is me spending more money! I have already sent bigpoints employees kids to college on seafight and really don't want to do it here...

7. this is nice, except it's too off balanced, the repair should be increased by 10% or more

8. just another way of riping us off more

9. JohnGalt

JohnGalt User

the game need to evolve or it wil lstart dropping players. BP is here to make money per entertainment for us gamers. it is a business after all. a skill tree could be added to the code of the workshop tab. for a crew master gunner, 1st mate, navigator, captain
    "master gunner" a scatter/power/range percentage on 1-5 lvs using the exciting workshop items?
    "1st mate" repair/hp percentages 1-5 lv 2-4-6-8-10 %of exciting hp on that boat
    "navigator" speed/line of sight 1-5 lv's percentage
    "captain" Gold/Exp./COs percentages lv 1-5

build each one up according to what you need most have all available to players so they can build where they want when they want 1st DO not limit to one crew member only

again i think they could incorporate this into the workshop code fairly easy as it is already set up for something like this.
    if they make the percentages to small overall most wont bother like the upgrades with the bombastics i did a few and said sux it bp its not worth the time or effort to gather the items to upgrade such a small amount of hp damage they give. another words the carrot at the end of the stick has no appeal.
    scrappy

10. Elceknar

Elceknar User

Carpenter:__faster_repair_of__ship/decks/add_durability/

11. Hodini

Hodini User

Very good idea I`m in to it.The last thing it may be like FrankThePro I like his idea.And it would be great if Bigpoint add something like that. :)

Greetings:
    Hodini

12. GuanoCrazy

GuanoCrazy User

I like the idea. Maybe the 4th crew member could be a spotter in the crows nest which could give you more range?

13. phil1985

phil1985 User

great idea

14. ROARY

ROARY User

Thank you guys, Its ashame ideas are not looked upon as much as we would like them too :) At the moment its just shoot and hope for the best :p

15. i think it might be good idea

16. sounds like seafight to me, and we all know how that is turning out

17. wow this game seems to be going in the same direction seafight did . i quit tht game due to the dumbness BP done to the game, many players left seafight cause of it, i say leave game alone and add more maps and different npcs etc etc

18. i think there is enough new things big point offers. so no i don't like the concept.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.