Windows 8.1

Discussion in 'Players' Corner' started by Mountainman, Jan 23, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Has anyone had problems using Windows 8.1 to play? I have a new system and still cannot play. I have been unable to play for almost 30 days now. I can log in but the game will not load.

2. Make sure you have the latest Adobe Acrobat loaded

3. Which browser are you using? Flash is already installed on I.E. if your using firefox or others you must download and install manually.

4. I use 8.1 along with Google Chrome and not having any issues Flash related. However, I attempted to use IE in an effort to trouble shoot my lag issue and never was successful. Sorry I couldn't offer anymore advice than that.

5. Hey Millenium.Falcon. This is Newo. Support has been working on this since 12/25. I am using firefox because support said google chrome has a built in pepper flash. I have Adobe flash player 16.0.0.257. Really missing playing. Tell BGC hello. I'll be back ASAP.

6. SeaWolf101

SeaWolf101 User

I'm on windows 8 with a new computer that has all the bells and whistles on it, with the latest Adobe flash player installed. No other online game gives me the trouble I've experienced as on this site.
    It may be the server your using that's giving you the trouble, not the computer. If the server your using is US1, you're in the same 'sinking' boat as the rest of us. Since Mid-December, I haven't been able to sign into Pirate Storm.
    I too Mountainman, really miss playing the game and being with my guild members...Who by now probably think I'm dead!

7. Hi Newo sorry that you can't get on. We still have your place.

8. Thanks Falcon. Seems like its not only me. There are several post in in the forum about it. Sucks I didn't get my frosty.

9. Wedgewood

Wedgewood bp_phrase_Forum_Demigod

Hi,

I recognise that you have followed the troubleshooting procedures outlined by yourself in other threads relating to your issue so I cannot say with certainty as to whether the advice outlined below will be of help.

• -Have you tried using another computer in your house to see if this problem persists on another computer?
    • -Have you tried creating a secondary windows account on your computer to see if the problem persists on the new account? Some articles have outlined that when other people did the same they were able to bypass this problem.

Note that these are merely suggestions so as to assist you in resolving your issue.

10. I have used 5 different computers. I was able to use Eu1 server and LatinAmerica server per instructions from support but had to start from Lvl1 with no assets or ships. This is the second time I have been unable to play for extended periods of time. Thanks for all the help everyone.

11. Wedgewood

Wedgewood bp_phrase_Forum_Demigod

If you are having problems across all computers it would appear that this issue may be associated with your i.s.p. or router (if all were tested under the same roof and using the same internet connection). If that is the case then may I suggest checking to see if your DNS settings associated with your router have been changed. Checking search providers such as Google or Yahoo for DNS / flash issues and potential solutions should yeild further avenues of enquiry.

Note that these are only suggestions.

I hope you are able to find a solution. :)

12. Five computers, five different locations. I keep hoping the problem will be fixed.