USA-1 Server Locking up 04-24-2014

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Greatbeard, Apr 24, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greatbeard

Greatbeard User

Server locking up (lag time over a minute several times this morning) It is not just me. Everyone in my guild getting same lock ups. Once I was surrounded by 6 monsters and 2 hostles when it froze. That would be easy pickins if the system was working , but when it unlocked, I was sunk!

Is BP having capacity problems or is it connectivity problems? Please address this. When we are using Guild Letters and Letters of Marque this is robbing us of time on those buffs,
    not to mention all other buffs that expire when we are sunk, and deck lives lost without the ability to fight back.

2. SeaWolf101

SeaWolf101 User

I did a post about the same problem recently called 'Glitches In The Game' OK, now I'm on a brand new, 'State Of The Art' computer, with all kinds of bells and whistles on it. This new computer flies over everything and anything without glitches and freeze ups, (found only in the Pirates Storm game.) In my post, I was asked by a Mod of what server I'm on, it's Game Server: US 1
    Everyone in our guild that has this server are having the same exact problems. Even worst when events (like Battle Ground,) are on Pirate Storm. Yesterday before Battle Ground ended, the game had so many glitches and freeze ups, I had to give up playing. Frustrated...You bet I am. Like a lot of players out there, I pay real money to play this game...And for what? Glitches and freeze ups? Really?!
    It's time for Bigpoint to seriously look into how this server can be bumped up a bit, if not fixed entirely.
    Sorry Bigpoint if I sound crazed, but it isn't fair to any player, (especially to the people that pay real money for the game.) And, I for one, am more then a little frustrated with all the glitches and freeze ups. It's getting to the point where paying players are leaving the game. I love Pirate Storm so much but I am so tired of paying for a game that just has so many glitches and freeze ups in it all the time...And no one seems to be really doing anything about it, or it would have been fixed by now.

3. Fluffkins

Fluffkins User

Which web browser are you using?

4. It's not the browser Fluffkins.. it's the server when EVERYONE freezes up. It's worse during Battleground week.

5. SeaWolf101

SeaWolf101 User

I agree with MacAttack92. I, like many players have checked everything humanly possible on our computers, browsers and our internet connections. (My internet connections are extremely fast...meant for gaming on the internet here in the US and abroad.) The computer I'm using is meant for gaming of all kinds...Let it be for web site games or DVD/CD games bought in a store, to playing DVD movies, playing CD's and/or burning CD's. It's the server that needs to be checked out, bumped up and fixed once and for all. I tried again to play last night, the same thing. Glitches and freeze ups. It's getting worst and worst day by day and more frustrating then anything to keep playing a game that no longer works right, and has become no longer enjoyable in all aspects. I truly love Pirate Storm and the friends I've made here, but I can't see paying out money for glitches and freeze ups.
    I don't mean any kind of disrespect at all, but you're dancing around the issue, asking about browsers. As you can plainly see by people's posts as of late, more and more people are complaining about Game Server: US 1
    Especially during events such as Battle Ground. When the events are on, the glitches and freeze ups are impossible, both in Battle Grounds and on the open water!
    It says somewhere on this site, "If anyone is having trouble with the game, ask Bigpoint for assistance."
    OK, we're asking you Bigpoint...Please fix US Server: 1
    Thank-you.

6. Fluffkins

Fluffkins User

What web browser with PirateStorm can make a very big difference as the web browsers can make updates themselves that can affect the gameplay, hence i ask what web browser you use.

7. SeaWolf101

SeaWolf101 User

Here's my list of browsers that always end up the same way in the Pirate Storm game...Glitches and freeze ups.
    Web Browser : Internet Explorer (this one we use most of the time and works perfectly on every gaming site we're on except Pirate Storm)
    Web Browser : Google Chrome (pepperfish disabled.)
    Web Browser : Mozilla Firefox (with and/or without firewall)
    Web Browser : Opera (this one was really bad)
    Maybe it is the browsers, but quite honestly, none of the mention browsers worked. Is there a browser I might be missing that works well for the game?
    Thank-you so much.

8. haunted415

haunted415 User

mozilla firefox works best for me and i have a really bad laptop that lags when i play low graphics games but i dont seem to have a problem with pirate storm, i dont get much lag but occasialally ill get a massive lag spike then my laptop will turn off haha.

9. Fluffkins

Fluffkins User

I would recommend using Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome once the Pepperflash is turned off and Flash Player is installed and active. A FAQ on doing this in Google Chrome can be found by clicking Here.

10. SeaWolf101

SeaWolf101 User

The list i gave were browers I have tried and didn't work. Note that I did try Mozilla Firefox (with and without firewall also tried Google Chrome (with pepperfish disabled.)
    If that all the browsers that work the game, I guess I won't be able to go premium next month.

11. Fluffkins

Fluffkins User

Have you checked to see if you have the latest version of Flash Player?

Also have you tried clearing your Cache and Flash Cache? If you dont know how to do these then information can be found on clearing your Cache by clicking Here and for Flash Cache, information can be found by clicking Here.

I hope this was helpful

12. Fluffkins, I don't want to be rude, and I know it's isn't your fault, but the lag is not coming from one persons browser. It is a server issue from BigPoint. changing browser settings MIGHT help with small lag problems, but the server wide freezes won't be fixed by changing some browser settings. This can't be fixed by a few posts in the forums, it needs to be taken to BigPoint directly so that can look at it.

13. Fluffkins

Fluffkins User

I will pass this on to our Dev Team but if this happens for a long spell again then please by all means let us know by making a thread, please also include the dates and times the lagg occurred so we can better look into it.

14. SeaWolf101

SeaWolf101 User

Fluffkins, it isn't your fault at all. Honestly, I have the latest of everything on this new computer. Yes, the latest flash player. Yes I have cleaned out the Cache and Flash Cache, (just in case that was the problem on both our computers, new and old.) Like Wallabe said, I don't want to be rude either, but how about looking into what may be causing the trouble on Bigpoimt's end. Two computers we own can't be all wrong.
    A while back...Thinking something was wrong with our computer (seeing it's age,) I brought our older computer into the computer shop. The computer tech man, (who built our older computer,) went all over the computer and said "There's nothing wrong with your old computer. It's fine and runs great." He asked me what the problem was that we are having. I told him "I love the online Pirate Storm game, but I'm having trouble with the game's glitches and freeze ups. So I thought it must be the computer's fault."
    He knows the Pirates Storm game well, and said, "Great game! But it's not your computer's fault. It's a server issue." That's all he said about it.
    I'm done trying different browers and cleaning out things and running perfectly good computers to the shop...Because that obviously isn't the problem...It's the server.
    So maybe if you can, please put in a word with Bigpoint to at least look at the server. This is happening to too many players on different computers, new and old. With different browsers and connections. This problem needs to be addressed by Bigpiont. And Bigpoint alone are the only one's who can fix the problem.
    Thank-you Fluffkins for trying your best. :)

15. Frankly, it may be your network/service provider. When I play at work (oops) I have no problem.
    There is one other likely culprit. Your service provider or your local net/router. I regularly play the game in two places daily with the same laptop and browser, one with Brighthouse and one with Verizon FIOS. I have FAR FAR more lag through the FIOS connection even though I have more than 50 Mbit bandwidth and never a problem streaming HD movies. It may well be that the route used by your provider has problems or there are some other technical problem with the Flash style games. Either way I am becoming more and more convinced that the problem is with my provider or my local router.
    I notice that even when several people are complaining about lag it is rarely universal. I have only experienced a few of times in the past year when EVERYONE was complaining at the same time.

16. SeaWolf101

SeaWolf101 User

Think ya missed something there, Fred_Filthy, lol. I did say in one of my posts that our internet connections are extremely fast...meant for gaming on the internet here in the US and abroad. It is one of the best providers out there. And our router is new. Only two months old. (The net provider was here checking that too.) We have had everything checked out by experts in their fields. We have no other problems with anything, be it our computers, the internet connections or other online games. My husband and I make sure ALL cookies are cleared, and that the Cache and Flash Cache are also cleared when leaving the internet.
    No other game gives me trouble on or off the net.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014

17. I understand. I too have excellent connections without any hiccups to any of my other services. However, for Pirate Storm the same exact laptop has almost zero problems through one network and MANY on the other, though it may work great on both some of the time. The only real difference is the network. I've even checked for time of day possibilities (I work from home on occasion and at night at my workplace sometimes.).
    I understand that the net may not be your problem, I mention it as a possibility because I have a similar situation and if others are not having a problem on the same exact server at the same time it does suggest that it may be something external to the server.
    I have reconfigured my router from scratch many times and tried alternate routers without success but I do know that minor differences in routing and even DNS service can play havoc with responses on real-time connections.
    I do real-time systems integration for a living and come across all sorts of weird, not so obvious problems. (Also was a Unix/network sys admin for 12 years.)
    So, just mentioning that it is possibly not a server issue if you are having continuous problems while others are not.

18. SeaWolf101

SeaWolf101 User

I don't know what to tell you, Fred_Filthy. We have the highest of the high network available. (Better then the service I had back in New England.) I have the exact same problems around and about the same time as our guild mates, (No matter the hour.) My game will slowly start to glitch, then freeze up. Causing my ship to sail the Seven Sea's uncontrollably. My guild mates laugh and say, "My game's fine, Sea! You freezin' up again!" Then out of the blue, theirs too will suddenly hesitate, glitch and/or freeze up.
    The game no matter what time of day or night, will always start out running smooth as silk (for all of us,) then slowly it will hesitate, glitch, skip and/or freeze up. No matter what hour of day or night. (We have all tried the game at different hours, day and night) And when the events start such as 'Battle Grounds' or 'Monster Hunt' begin, the game is at it's EXTREME worst. (My guess there is so many people are on the same server at the same time, causing it to be slow, glitching and/or freezing up.) I guess it wouldn't hurt for Bigpoint to at least look at their server.
    You are kind sharing your knowledge with us, Fred_Filthy. Thank-you so much for your help.
    It is so frustrating for everyone experiencing this problem.

19. Yeah, if many of you are having the same issue at the same time then it feels more like the server. I do agree that general glitchiness does increase with high participation events and that always felt like a server issue. I did not really have any problems during this last Battle Ground but have seen it in past ones. Anything BP does to improve server performance will be appreciated by everyone, that is for sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.