The Assignment

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by Fluffkins2013, Nov 15, 2013.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The gloomy blackness of the catacombs enveloped Jonas. Darkness always weighed heavily on his spirit. On the high seas under the endless expanse of the sky is where he felt at home. But here in this tomb, the Jonas felt as if the clammy walls of the tomb seemed to close in on him. Outside the sun was beating down, while humidity draped over the harbor like a damp rag, but it was so cold in the depths of the catacombs that Jonas began to shiver. Silently, his liaison turned a corner and walked towards him. Jonas almost didn’t notice him until he stood right before his eyes.

“Sir Jonas Black? Are you here alone, my good man?” Out of the corner of his eye, Jonas noticed that the man was sporting quite the paunch under his flowing robes. His voice sounded soft and tinny. If this man was a seafarer, Jonas Black was a monkey.
    “Yes, I am alone,” said Jonas, his voice tinged with melancholy.

Just seconds after the hooded man asked him this question, Jonas realized that he couldn’t stand him. All he wanted to do was receive his marching orders and get the hell out of this dodgy place. Somewhere deep within the labyrinthine tomb echoed slow and steady drops of water.

“My name is Valyrion Pontar and I am your assignment liaison. My boss seems to think you’re the right man for the job but my question is, what do you think?” Valyrion peered skeptically at Jonas out of his hood. His ruddy, fleshy face was basically hairless, save the goatee that formed a spike under his chin. His black eyes were locked firmly on Jonas.

Hot Iron

“You have nothing to worry about. I wouldn’t be here otherwise!” said Jonas, the impatience rising in his voice.

“Well, if that’s the case, then I don’t want to drag this meeting out any longer than necessary. Here are the details.” Valyrion reached into one of the sleeves of his voluminous cloak and produced a small scroll. He held it in front of Jonas’ gaze.

“This scroll details the particulars of your assignment, for instance, where the materials you’ll need can be found.”

Jonas reached for the scroll, but Valyrion kept a firm grasp on the paper – he stared long and hard at Jonas. Abruptly, he loosened his grip on the scroll and his hands were once again swallowed up by the sleeves of his cloak.

“It goes without saying that we never had this discussion. If anyone should pick up our scent, the entire enterprise would be … “

“There’s no need to explain the volatile nature of this assignment,” said Jonas sharply. “But it would be nice to eventually know exactly what I am to do. I was told that you would be the one to give me my assignment.”
    Pontar raised his hand so as to assuage Jonas’ fears. “No worries, friend. I’ll tell you now.” As Valyrion leaned forward to whisper the assignment in Jonas‘ ear, the intense bouquet of violets and lilacs wafted forth from his person. “My boss wants you to assassinate the head of the five merchant houses!”

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.