Resolution & Sharpness

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Eclips, Oct 22, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eclips

Eclips User

I switched from playing on a computer to a laptop. And on my computer I expierenced more resolution and sharpness in game. I don't think its my laptops fault because it is new and has a video cart, and YT and other games are perfectly fine. I dont think it's my browser because I tested it on Firefox, Maxthon, Explorer and chrome and all have the same result. Does anyone have a tip to improve sharpness/resolution ?

2. WaterWillow

WaterWillow Team Leader Team Pirate Storm

Ahoy Eclips,

Computer resolution/sharpness varies from computer to computer. There are many links on the internet that give tutorials on how to adjust your computer's resolution.

Happy Sailing!

3. Newbiee

Newbiee User

Did you attach your old monitor to the laptop? If yes - then play with the brightness and contrast a bit. If no - do it.
    Have in mind that laptop have some downsides compared to PCs and one of them is resolution, but once you attached it to a decent monitor, it shouldn't be a problem.

4. Eclips

Eclips User

The thing is, other games have good resolution too, its only for pirate storm. I know laptop have downsides but I cant believe that this one produces this kind of resolution (only in game) I didnt attach my old monitor to my laptop, then it wouldnt be a laptop , right?

5. Newbiee

Newbiee User

Attached or not to a monitor it is still a laptop. I have tested it on 3 laptops and on all of them PS was different.
    My ASUS K73SV is doing good 1600x900 resolution, but it has matte screen.
    My HP Elite Book is using 1920x1080and it is glossy.
    My Dell is having a glossy screen too, but different than the HP EB.

Give me the model of your laptop and I will check the screen properties.

Also, do you know the difference between IPS and VA panels?

6. Eclips

Eclips User

I got the HP Pavilion Power Notebook 15-cb040nd, I think lol. It has 1920x1080 which is reccomended.
    And no I dont know what IPS and VA panels are. The screen is matte, but has this something to do with resolution?

7. Newbiee

Newbiee User

Send a screenshot from the game whilst playing on your laptop, thanks.

8. westers

westers User

i have here an important screenshot (made this morning 10-7-19) and want to copy to my ticket but it won`t work. how to sen a screenshot to support ?. please help me okay? grtz ORCA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.