No More Mula

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by GoldenCrane, Jun 8, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

who will spend money on game before the Lags are fixed

1. Will spend money on game before Lags are fixed

21.1%
  2. Won't spend money on game before Lags are fixed

78.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. At this point i'm really fed up with this game, The lags have gotten to a point where my boat looks like its playing frogger. It happens in battlefield, it happens in maps, it happens on open water, hell it happens in port just with the global chat. This is unacceptable, so at this point i'm unwilling to spend another dollar on this game until it is fixed. I wanted to see a poll of what everybody else thinks. Maybe the results will be strong enough of a message for big point to fix this problem.

2. Fluffkins

Fluffkins User

Which server is this happening in?

3. US1... like most of the other posts about server lag :(

4. I also experience lag, the game feel's ''heavy'' to play, meaning that the lag delay somewhat makes the game rough and slow, which is indeed very irritating.
    I play on EU1 and haven't had such an overall lag before.

5. Fluffkins

Fluffkins User

As far as im aware there is no server lagg on the US1 server but i will pass this on to our Game Devs.

Have you tried other web browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome) and is the lagg you are experiencing the same?

6. SeaWolf101

SeaWolf101 User

No more nice...I'm beyond irritated and fed-up! I have tried everything known to man from trying out every browser out there, to cleaning out this and that, to having our computer looked at by the computer expert who built our computer. Even had the tech man from our internet server come in to check out all the internet connections...These men, experts in their fields, have said there's nothing is wrong at our end. You hearing this Bigpoint! Freaking NOTHING is wrong at our end for the game not to play right! (These men also said they know the game Pirate Storm very well. They also said there is a big lag in the game caused from the US1 server that IS the problem!)
    I'm a big money player and my premium membership is due this month. Renew?! Not until the US1 server is finally fix once and for all. It's getting worst, guys. There's so much lag in the game that I can't control any of my ships to do what they're meant to do, even farming. I am totally irritated and fed-up with the attitude of 'Pass The Buck And Do Absolutely Nothing About US1 Server'.
    The more you try to play the game...(day, afternoon or night,) the worst the lag gets. More and more people are complaining about this server problem. Even in our guild, there are people having the same problems with the server at different times of the day, afternoon or at night.
    Now, I just come in to get the daily goodies offered at sign in. and even that has a big time lag. There has been so many posts about the freaking lag, I can't understand why something hasn't yet been done about it. How many posts will it take before something is actually done about this problem?
    Bigpoint, this server problem really needs to be addressed and fixed, because you're losing your money (and free) players. Everyone I know is losing patience with this server issue. If this keeps up, I'm sure in hell NOT renewing anything until this problem has been fixed!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
    Mousetrap and abangcool99 like this.
  7. Thank you SeaWolf very well said, that is exactly how i feel at this point, it is very frustrating. If the game is no longer fun to play I will certainly not put anymore money into the game. In answer to your question Fluffkins I play on the US1 server and i have tried out all the helpful hints the moderators have been so kind to point out. None of them help, this is a load problem due to the battle fields and the increased amounts of players because of this event. However the servers should be sized to accommodate this, not blame it on the increased load and say that's to bad. I do not enjoying losing fights or monsters (basilisk & colossus) due to my boat locking up on me for up to 5 seconds. If this persists i see no reason to put money into making my boat stronger since it wont matter.

abangcool99 likes this.
  8. SeaWolf101

SeaWolf101 User

I agree about the Battlefield and other events. Yes, the lag is unreal at that time. But now it's gone beyond that point. I feel the problem is that Pirate Storm has so many new people joining up and coming into the game, that the US1 server can no longer handle the flow of people using the same sever no matter what time be it day or night. I feel the time has come to bump up the server to handle all the new incoming traffic.

abangcool99 likes this.
  9. i experience it too very much infact I didn't finish my voodoo skull bonus map 2 times... makes me:mad::mad:

abangcool99 likes this.
  10. brutality

brutality User

yes the lag is horrible at times, and there is a need to fix it!!!, but maybe i can suggest 1 thing that MIght(i did say MIGHT(maybe, possibly help) and i hope this hint will not be deleted!!,and even with this i still lagg and other players that are using it still lagg
    but try maxthon.com( maxthon-is a cloud gaming browser and it is free) but there are still times we will get lagg even with this,
    BP please fix it the US1 server if finally getting active and your adds and other marketing ideas are working, but it would be shame for all that work on your end to go down drain, if the server cant handle the flow
    i hope this help Crane

11. SeaWolf101

SeaWolf101 User

OK, the maxthon browser was a new one on me. I downloaded it and tried it out last night. Still the same thing...Major lag from hell. Thank-you though for the try!
    For me, the MSN browser works the best. Sometimes pressing the 'k' button while playing the game helps a bit...But VERY little. (The 'k' button changes the 'War Field' around your ship.)
    It is only my opinion, but I think there's just so many players in the game that are on and using the US1 server at the same time, (all the time,) that the server can no longer support and keep up with the incoming flow of players...Morning, noon and at night.
    The game is like, and has now become a constant, lagging thing I've only had to deal with during 'Battle Grounds,' 'Monster Hunt' and other events. It is too bad and very sad, because I love this game so much and the friends I have made here on Pirate Storm.
    It is also my opinion that I doubt this matter will ever be cleared up. Months have gone by, many posts have been written complaining about the US1 server, yet not one damn thing has been done about it.
    Until the US1 server has been completely fixed, on the 15th of this month, I will join the ranks of 'free' players. I can not see spending money on a game or my ships that virtually do nothing but skip, jump, sail uncontrollably and/or freeze-up all the time.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
    abangcool99 likes this.
  12. brutality

brutality User

OK GUYS!!!! i might have idea for yall to try since seawolf mentioned his letter k button
    go to the gear(top right of screen ) then got to FX!!! TURN OFF everything BUT small animations, target selection and additional graphics!!!!
    i have a feeling that this will help yall tremendously!!
    also the maxthon on left side of screen a button is the star (clik it then turn offmenu bar then down my speakers right side bottom clik that to go to full screen(in case u didnt know about it
    but by turning off all the graphics mentioned it should help...
    if mine are all on i lagg even more
    hope it helps, but its worth a try

13. SeaWolf101

SeaWolf101 User

I hope this tip can help other players out. Thank-you for trying so hard. Sorry to say, it didn't work for me. It's a server issue. Plain and simple. The server as it stands now, can no longer support or handle the flotation of all the players it has playing the game at any giving time. The server, (US1) is straining to keep up with the high traffic of players. I admit, in the game, some days are better then others. But that is a rare day for me (and most other players) using the US1 server. Mostly, the server acts as though every day is an 'event day' all (or most) of the time...With it's lags, skips, jumps, ships sailing uncontrollably and/or (my favorite) freezing-up the entire game.
    There's not much anyone can do or try that hasn't been done or tried out. We have wasted money bringing our computer into the shop, (where it was built,) to hear the computer expert say, "I looked all over you computer and there's not a damn thing wrong with it!" My husband and I have had the internet tech man into our home to check out all and everything to do with our internet connections...All to hear a very colorful explanation of why the US1 server is at fault and not the internet connections we have. The tech man said, "Pirate Storm. Great game! Too bad their US1 server..." (That's the colorful part...But you get the idea!)
    In the meantime, I just keep pressing the 'k' button...Mainly because I like the color changes it makes to the sea water...'Cause it sure in hell does nothing on this end of the computer to help out the game! (My husband says about me watching the colors changing in the sea water, "It's a girl thing!" lol!)

Mousetrap likes this.
  14. Thanks for the tips, I tried out the maxathon browser but unfortuantely it is no better than chrome (which works the best of them all) and i set all the graphics to the bare minimum when i first started playing just as a precaution in the hopes of the best game play. Some days are worse than others. But when my boat starts skipping around the water for 5 to 10 seconds (actually timed it)
    doing commands that i had picked previously and i lose utter control for that time period it is unacceptable. I have all ready lost two arena matches this season just due to this, never mind its affect on battlefield. So my bank account says thank you because you shall no longer be making withdrawals until this situation is resolved.

15. Grumpert77

Grumpert77 User

I play on EU1 and I don't get any lag... I use chrome.

16. lagging, shaking, still etc in eu2 or eu4 and other servers. we pay u give us good service please! Put more servers in other asia country pls i.e south east asia, asia pacific etc.

17. cha ching! you just lost out on 200 more dollars for this month. Good Job BIG POINT!!!, would have liked to buy some ammo and consumables for this battlefield but im sticking to my guns on this one, fix the servers!!!

FrankThePro likes this.
  18. SeaWolf101

SeaWolf101 User

Me too, GoldenCrane! Today marks my first day as a 'free' player. It feels weird to say that. Not that I can get into the game today (or any day,) to do much of anything, with all the skips, jumps, uncontrollable sailing into oblivion and freeze-ups. But you know something? As long as there is a server issue with US1 server...I flatly refuse to keep my premium membership going. Does that bother me?! You bet it does! I love this game and the privileges the premium membership gives. However, until this US1 server issue is addressed and finally fixed once and for all, I'm putting a 'lock-down' on my premium membership.
    I guess the 'high roller' players are starting to become 'Mutinous Dogs' to show Bigpoint...'We as paid players have lived up to our end of the deal...Bigpoint, you have given us crap as a server in the US1 server...Is that fair?! Obviously, Bigpoint doesn't think anything is wrong with their server or it would have been taken care of by now.
    Guess what, Bigpoint?! There IS something terribly wrong with US1 server!

19. brutality

brutality User

Yall have said it perfectly . Not only do they need to fix the lag in us1 But.. they need to do a overhaul of alot of things in US1, Bf's, ARENAS!!!, My feelign is BP fix something somewhere, show us that we matter and fix somethings, that need to be addressed,
    I HAVE ALSO STOPPED Spending as much $$$ as i normally do, but my reasoning for this is the Arenas!!.
    Normally Il spend a $120.00 pack every month mybe 1 1/2 months!!!
    Now ,lol I am down to the lowest DS Count ive ever had, and i dont mind saying it im under 4k ds and waiting to see if anything gets fixed

20. Honestly they just needs new servers implemented, invest bigpoint on these things and you wont have any problems on this matter now adays you can purchase these things a lot cheaper then you used to be able to 6+ years ago and they are so much better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.