New Death Jaunt on Test server

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by teddy.bear, Nov 21, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teddy.bear

teddy.bear Board Administrator Team Pirate Storm

Ahoy Pirates!

This is where you may discuss the New Death Jaunt, available on the test server.

Please keep all comments on topic, as those that are not may be deleted.​
    Best regards,
    Your Pirate Storm Team

2. hiya teddy! looking forward to trying new death jaunt however i have not got a test server account yet. the last time i tried to create one it kept creating it on europe 1 instead of test server..... i just tried to create one again found the link and it sent me to europe1 again:| any way to know if this is gonna be fixed?

3. a quote from a previous post and i have tried both and neither work for me....

Hellow everyone , i had this same problem being redirected to the EU1 until i found the problem , and the problem is in the link ...
    So i found the original link that work 100% and no redirections !
    Use the link ''http://live-test.piratestorm.bigpoint.com''
    If you have your link typed ''http://live-test.piratestorm.com'' It will NOT WORK !

4. Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  5. Feedback:

It's a different concept, it's okay, but there are some things that are bothering me. For instance, that the BG is over way to fast. 1, 2, 3 and your dead. The poison and the player damage combined seems too strong, maybe reduce the player damage a bit to get a longer lasting BG and a feel of the poison.

Otherwise I like the structure of the BG, with 4-free-for-all and later final 3-free-for-all and you fixed the thing with players hiding forever, which is great. The layout is also okay, with a little more land than normally. The items is also fine animated and looks like a neutral part of the game.

The BG may be unbalanced. The fast ships (Ahab) is maybe overpowered in this map, getting items faster and reduced damage from players to make it survive longer. I think it can outplay others in the final, if it is avoiding close combat. Also, the players that have played the game longer have a enormous advantage, because of the opportunity to buy things like blood donor.

- : BG over to fast
    - : BG can be unbalaned

+: Good structure
    +: Players can no longer hide

I give it 2 out of 5 stars - Mainly because of the uncertainty*

Beacuse the test server is very limited (It need to test balance on another point of view)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  6. Yup make the damage received less cause no we are just running away from each other and find the buffs, in al the times i tried on testserver i died because of the poison :(

But the structure is idd very good

7. teddy.bear

teddy.bear Board Administrator Team Pirate Storm

Cheers for the feedback Pirates, it is much appreciated.

Greetings ĤĔŁĿĠŪƔ and MacAttack92 :)

Please be so kind and contact Support for this problem and they will assist you with this matter - a work around appears to have been found since the last time.
    Best regards,
    teddy.bear

8. ok, will do! Thanks! :D

9. So, Support got me in the test server. Now after playing most of the day one thing is obvious.. remove the poison!!! In it's current form this new DJ is worse than the old DJ. I like the idea of splitting the map into 4 sections, and winner of the section advances to the final. Having said that, I think the countdown for the final should be 5-10 seconds longer.

Bottom line the poison needs to go.. why would we try to win our section when we'll just die from the poison?

10. I think poison is good so you can't find friends but don't let it increase then we will be dead to fast.:(
    And at the start of the endgame they shoudl give you full health again and no or very few poison.
    In this new bg not the strongest ship will win but the one with the most hp and the fastest ship: the ahab.

11. i have enjoyed playing this battleground on the test server, however i do have a few questions and concerns. first will the battleground on the main servers be on a minute and a half timer like it is on test server?? because i REALLY like the fact that you can play as much as you want. also i am sure that it will bring more money in for BP if timer is 1.30 because more ppl will spend more good ammo to win more medals etc.... Also i agree that the poison is a little over the top while it makes it much more challenging anybody with 20k or less HP is at a HUGE disadvantage . i think that perhaps it starts at 1% and gets up to 3% max? that is a bit more manageable.

MacAttack92 likes this.
  12. Totally agree with Hellguy.. the 1:30 timer is awesome. I like how fast paced this BF is, but still the main problem is that the poison needs to be weakened by at least half. I also think the endgame timer needs to be 10 seconds instead of 5.

13. rtp099

rtp099 User

I think I'm just happy I already got my coins and don't have to play this crap anymore. Between the lag issues, power creep and now bf changes, I think I'll be moving on to another game as this one reeks of desperation just to stay alive.

14. yeah engame timer doesnt give enough time to get full usually even by diamond reping also i dont see how having ahab is better than any other boat on this battleground.... to win you must kill everyone or outlive everyone, ahab will have same amount of damage being done to it as the rest.... seems like you would be better off using a ship that can kill quickly so you lose less HP in fights than ahab. also i was just in a match where there was only 2 people left and the walls didnt go away.... we had to wait for psn to get somebody and it took foreverrrrrr |whats with that?:(

15. Ahab is the king of the new bg on the testserver because:
    • It is very fast so it can quickly heal itself with the chests in the bg while the others are losing there race against the poison
    • It has a lot of hp
    • -30% reduction is really nice if you want to stay alive as long as possible
    • A decent hit

16. yayaya

yayaya User

i had a WEIRD glitch on test server i attacked a island and the island was invisible and i couldnt attack it. i also couldnt cancel my parley or upgreade my fortress to lvl 2 any1 know whts with that? i went and attked HUN and it was fin though....

17. all i can say is i feel bad for the smaller players they will die to quick when they get in with players hitting them for 2-3.5k and the poison as for the larger players it will be fun for us i like the idea that it is split up in 4 no grouping up now :p which it brings it down to who is going to use there buffs up fast or wait to get to the last 2-3 people

18. Can you post the link for Winter event ships info please. Thanks

19. Feedback:

BG:

it's actually pretty good and fun to play. The new arena has reduced (50 %) posion damage and kept the other principles intact. The reduced damage does not have much influence in the start of the BG, making it somewhat of a classic free-for-4 BG. If you survive it to final 4, the posion seems to become a challenge for u. This gives u some choices, should u loot and avoid others to survive or charge the other player hoping to kill them easy, while they are low on HP.

In other words, this BG makes you think now, which is great.

Winter Event:
    Interesting, interesting indeed! Some new items have made entrance in the game - other than a new set item that gives HP, some very unique items have been introduced. A item that teleports your enemy to a random place on the map and a item, that affects speed, range of canons and even ship design for a amount of time! I havn't seen them in action, but based on the stats, they look new and fresh to the set of already existing items. The new set item also seems to be in harmony with the already existing ones. Otherwise the event seems the same as last year.

Overall:

-: BG can be unbalaned (see my first feedback)
    +: Posion damage seems fair now
    +: Good structure
    +: 2 innovative items in winter event

I give it 4 out of 5 stars -
    BG seems playable and fun - The new items seems like a new fresh good idea.

20. I haven't unlocked some of the items, but it's pretty cool! And the changes to DJ are just right.. still think the endgame timer should be a bit longer, but other than that it's great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.