Game Not Loading/Not Working Right when Loaded

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by MacAttack92, Nov 18, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So, the game has been lagging very bad this morning, and about an hour ago my chat stopped working and when I went to leave port it gave me a black screen. I closed my browser and signed in.. tried to load the game but it wouldn't. Finally after about 30 minutes of closing browser and trying other things to get in, I was able to load the game.. chat wasn't working, so I refreshed.. took me 3 tries to get it to work then after 20 minutes it stopped working again.. left port and black screen. Still not able to get in.

2. Hmm, seems to be working at the moment. Still needs to be looked into.

3. I've been having the same probs with my chat too. My comp is slow, but it never has any probs with the chat. Look into it :/

4. Wedgewood

Wedgewood bp_phrase_Forum_Demigod

Hi MacAttack92,
    I'm glad to hear your problem is not still ongoing. If it does persist however, post back here. Based upon the description you have provided I would recommend checking that your flash player is up to date and following the initial troubleshooting procedures of clearing cache and flash cache. These steps help us narrow down the cause of the problem. I have posted links for both of these steps below.

Hi $TAR$CR3AM,
    I would recommend following initial troubleshooting procedures of clearing your cache and flash cache to check if this resolves your problem of the chat not loading properly.

For information on how to clear your cache click Here. For information on how to clear your flash Cache click Here.

As requested by both of you, I will forward your observations to the appropriate people.

I hope this is of help. :)

5. Well.. I logged in this morning and my chat would not load.. even after several refreshes..so I followed your advise and cleared my cache and flash cache.. even updated my flash player.. now I can not get into the game at all.

6. teddy.bear

teddy.bear Board Administrator Team Pirate Storm

Hello MacAttack92,

Can you please be so kind and try using a different browser as well? Do you experience the same problem?

Also, are you by any chance using Google Chrome? If yes, please make sure you disable the built in Flash player (Pepper flash) and have only Adobe Flash Player enabled.
    Did this help? Can we assist you further?

Best regards,
    teddy.bear

7. So 4 hours later I can log in fine.. 50-50 if chat works, and almost completely unplayable. It takes me several minutes to leave port, and then go back into port

8. this isn't a computer issue or a server, except big point server issue.. I have tried 3 different computers and 3 different servers and on all of them the same problem. I have also removed all cashes and problem still exist. takes forever for game to download and when it does, the minute you leave port, screen is locking up and unable to move.. fix this problem.. this is a game issue that seriously needs to be fixed now.. I haven't been able to play properly in almost 24 hours now.

MacAttack92 likes this.
  9. last two days, same problems as mentioned above. steadily getting worse. Did the cleaning caches ect. as suggested and still CANT PLAY. I have been playing nearly a year and although there is always some small issues and often see players complaining in the chat box about lag, never have I experienced this kind of trouble with the game until now. All other sites I search, serf and play on work fine.

MacAttack92 likes this.
  10. Well ... the leaving port/ getting in port has happened to me for a long time and i thought it was my comp so i didn't say anything but now .... it takes at least 6-9 for my boat to move to the location targeted or attack the target.

MacAttack92 likes this.
  11. Wedgewood

May I ask, which server this is occuring on?

12. us server

13. Yep, on the US server

14. So all of BigPoint goes down for several hours.. please tell me these problems are on our side again.

Millenium.Falcon likes this.
  15. Wedgewood

If you believe that both incidences are one and the same then this issue should now be resolved MacAttack92.

Are you continuing to encounter login difficulties?

16. Was able to log in just fine.. loaded the game and chat is working, and left port without getting a black screen.. seems to be moving smoothly. Will post back a little later to confirm that everything is back to normal.

And sorry Wedge.. I was being sarcastic :D It doesn't translate very well in text lol

17. Seems to be working normally now :)

18. everything is fine for me now too...just wish I could remember how I fixed it for the next time...:oops:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.