Dear Pirate Storm Community

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by ROARY, Oct 2, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Should we merge all the servers into one massive server and reset PvP?

This poll will close on Feb 2, 2098 at 1:26 AM.
  1. Yes

70.2%
  2. No

29.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ROARY

ROARY User

Dear Pirate Storm Community

I would like to know what the plan is for pirate storm. I have noticed that in the last 12 months Pirate Storm has lost at-least an estimated 50% of its players. Whilst old players are trying very hard to get new players motivated i think its Big-point that needs to get motivated.

At the moment we get the same events day in day out. Its not exciting anymore or maybe I'm just getting old? But since the majority of players feel like this i think my age is not affecting it.

Maybe it might be time for Pirate Storm to say... Hey we made a mistake throwing to much costly upgrades all at once and take a step backwards and merge all the servers together so they house rooks of players day and night.

Pros of merging the servers would be:
        • More PvP
        • Bigger fights
        • Massive port wars
        • A Larger in-game community
        • New players would see the game is busy and stay longer
    Cons of merging the servers would be:
        • Lag
        • International chat tab
        • less gold to be farmed
        • less diamonds to be farmed
        • harder to get top 10 PvP
    Perhaps, We as a community should all pull together now and let big-point know that the game is dieing. Players like myself who have invested thousands of pounds into this game with thousands of hours do not want to see it slip away.

Should we merge all the servers into one massive server and reset PvP back to 0 to give the players we have now a fighting chance?

Cast your vote now !

FrankThePro likes this.
  2. Wedgewood

Wedgewood bp_phrase_Forum_Demigod

Hi,

Your thread has been moved to the Update and Idea Pool. This is the correct location for posts of this nature. :)

3. .SWIFTY.

.SWIFTY. User

We wouIden't be abIe to understand each other if there were onIy one server. Maybe there couId be a server for each language and bigger zones.

4. ANIKHTE

ANIKHTE User

oh yes for every language oh that will be 170 languages??
    and counting the major ones

5. staeris

staeris User

That never gona be. Bettr if they could make this. For some certain amount of dias you could move your acc to other server. Than would be more beter. Or even for some amount of diamonds you could move all your guild to other server. That would be better. But it never gona be. But your words has true this game is dieng i think time is coming to leave this game and find some one where people are valuable for the game creator.

6. We need an update, nothing has happend to this game in over 5 months (other than same events!!) - we lose players all the time and u're right, it's because the game is so boring right now - I only log in to check forum for updates that never gonna happen! - This game is indeed dead. Pirate Storm, HA!, more like Pirate Breeze.

7. ANIKHTE

ANIKHTE User

guys the game is dead because we do not have new players
    if does not matter what bigpoint will do old players will get bored and leave
    thats the nature of gaming you play a game and then play a new
    the game needs new players to replace the old
    and here is the problem
    company tried to keep the old players and doomed the game
    now the game is too hostile and unplayable for the new ones
    so if they made a new battleground will change anything?? yo will still be bored
    and new zones??? oh yes no value for you
    instead of farming in zone 32 you will far zone 33 big difference

also the arena pushing doomed the game people would spend money t try to win the dow but know it is not possible
    also battleground pushing??? you play and the ally lobby steal you the medal
    so no battle for you either.

things have been told again and again fix the arena the company is silent about that
    and you know so is the game now

8. Sorin

Sorin User

I'm agree with all, we need a change in this game. We need something new. I have my ship full and I'm very bored. I hope the dev team will find a solution to make us to play and to have fun.

9. =Alaska=

=Alaska= User

I think it's a cool idea to merge all the servers in one or maybe to make a competition between the servers. Would be very interesting to be able to fight against players from other servers and that server who win to have one special prize.

10. One more thing, more items can be bought by using gold in the shop rather than using diamonds. This will motivate the new players to stay in this game.​

11. Re-Mix

Re-Mix User

We can only dream :c

12. I agree - A new zone will just extend the boringness of this game - The game has great concept, but it is very unimaginative and lazy done. I mean, your going around on a blue screen killing the same thing (They even re-using same models in some zones) for hours and hours and nothing changes. Just look at other free RPG games or fps games here on the internet, just look at them! and then look at this ==

This is 2000 graphics and the trailer for this game have overpowered graphics (and a dragon in the other trailer, what the??). So much difference!

The questline is boring - kill this and kill that one million times, and go there 100 times!

The player vs NPC gameplay is boring - kill that 100000 times to get one diamond canon or for 10000 dollars buy one now.

PvP and BG's - are fine half the time, the other half = It. Is. Broken.

Variety in playstill - Where is it? - where is it!?!

Lvl design (bad graphic games can still have good lvl design) - BUT NOT HERE, the zones/lvls are just something blue and some isles in it, everytime!, dear god.

Items and Ships - See variety in playstill (Where is the variety!)

I conclude:

INNOVATION IS NONEXISTENT FOR THIS GAME AND BIGPOINT ARE THE GREEDY PIRATES, THIS IS WHY THE GAME IS CALLED PIRATE STORM!

13. ANIKHTE

ANIKHTE User

game lost depth not gained
    lets see before the introduction of the eagle power
    how many figurehead we had and you could play with a different style

we had the one from storm, one from lodos for critical hits more chance, we had the arena one
    and finally the diamond one for range.
    4 different items for 4 different ways to play the game
    now that is one
    everyone has exact the same ship

you want to spice things bring back the variety on the game
    build the ship but have options
    you decide which ones you put depending on how you like to play

you want to play with range ? critical hits??? or even more options
    and figurehead is one item
    imagine if we had actually variety in all item
    bulkhead with hit points and another bonus
    if all items in the ship had an added second bonus that will make things interesting

there will be room to experiment
    change this change that
    one style could win this style but loose from the other
    you could make the styles loop in circle so you do not have one as the best

thats how you bring depth in game
    a new battleground after playing it 203 times all will say more more more

we need variety in building ships
    that will game depth and spice things up

14. Blackzerto

Blackzerto User

why will poll close on 2098? I will be dead then!

15. Blackzerto

Blackzerto User

lol i wish there was a paint ship option like primary secondary tertiary and sails color. and it cost diamonds to paint. It would be fun for sure.

patient_0 likes this.
  16. ToReRoS

ToReRoS User

Blackzero-this is not tanki online game

17. ROARY

ROARY User

Thank you all for your interest in this post! As for language problems, There would be 1 game server and yes 100's of chat servers. When logging into the game your browser would auto dect your language and put you into the correct chat server. There would be an option on login to join a different chat server, I.e. your an english player but you want to talk on german chat server... You would still be in the same game server as everyone else but you would be able to talk with german players. Also as far as accounts go... With many players having ships on all servers there would be a new login panel where on first login you will be able to select your favourite ship. After clicking that ship you would then click Play! This would then take you into the game so regardless of what account you have they are all enterable in the new mutil server.

Maybe it might be an idea for bigpoint to try making a multi server whilst keeping the other servers open and let players try it. I do think that after a few months the other servers would then close. We could Even have server numers such as. Server 1 , 2 and 3 as the game starts to pick up again.

After close consideration we can only hope that bigpoint developers take a shine to the idea and grant us some requests.

And as for the post closing in 2098 i will be long dead by then so after that time i wouldnt care what happens to the game. :D

~ Roary

18. Blackzerto

Blackzerto User

lol toreros tanki is a somewhat fun game too haha

19. capt_nick

capt_nick User

I think this is a fantastic idea

20. Blackzerto

Blackzerto User

staeris, but there is no other game that is piratey like piratestorm?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.