Companions

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by ROARY, Dec 14, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ROARY

ROARY User

Every pirate needs someone to accompany them on the lonely waters. Introducing the new ships companion. The ships companion is a little vessel that can be activated to sail with you on the open waters. Your companion will level up when you collect xp in-game by activating a companion XP letter it will also gather gold and items which will be stored in your companions bank. Be careful though because this companion can also be boarded by other players! And they can capture some of your companions bank depending on their companions level! but not to worry it can only be boarded once per hour.

So how are we going to unlock this companion you might ask? Well that's quite simple. There will be a new companion achievement which will need to be mastered before your companion becomes active. here is an example of the achievement's you will have to complete and the rewards for completing them.

1/ Join a group with 2 or more friends
    2/ Complete 3 daily quests
    3/ Sink a plyer with a lower level than you
    4/ Sink a player with the same level as you
    5/ Upgrade 5 10 pounders to level 2
    6/ Upgrade 1 Bombastic cannon to level 2
    7/ Win 1 gold auction
    8/ Win 10 battles in 1v1
    9/ Win 10 battles in 2v2
    10/ Win 10 battles in 3v3​

Once completing these 10 tasks you will be reward with the following

1/ Ships Companion (level 1)
    2/ 3000 Diamonds
    3/ 5 Companion Rockets
    4/ 5 Companion xp letters
    5/ 50 Essence of fire​

Now lets talk about the companions levels and there bonuses and weaknesses

Level 1 Companion
    Require XP - None
    Weakness - Stone ammunition (other ammunition will do 50% less damage to this level companion)
    Ship Design - Row Boat
    Hit points - 10000
    capture bonus - 5%
    Cannon slots - 3
    Harpoon slots - 3
    Main ship Bonus - 1% damage reduction from players

[​IMG]

Level 2 Companion
    Require XP - 3,500,000
    Weakness - Stone ammunition (other ammunition will do 50% less damage to this level companion)
    Ship Design - Brigantine
    Hit points - 15000
    capture bonus - 7%
    Cannon slots - 4
    Harpoon slots - 4
    Main ship Bonus - 3% damage reduction from players

[​IMG]

Level 3 Companion
    Require XP - 7,500,000
    Weakness - Iron ammunition (other ammunition will do 50% less damage to this level companion)
    Ship Design - Viking
    Hit points - 20000
    capture bonus - 10%
    Cannon slots - 5
    Harpoon slots - 5
    Main ship Bonus - 5% damage reduction from players

[​IMG]

Level 4 Companion
    Require XP - 15,000,000
    Weakness - Iron ammunition (other ammunition will do 50% less damage to this level companion)
    Ship Design - Galion
    Hit points - 25000
    capture bonus - 15%
    Cannon slots - 6
    Harpoon slots - 6
    Main ship Bonus - 10% damage reduction from players

[​IMG]

Level 5 Companion
    Require XP - 25,000,000
    Weakness - Steel ammunition (other ammunition will do 50% less damage to this level companion)
    Ship Design - War Galion
    Hit points - 30000
    capture bonus - 25%
    Cannon slots - 10
    Harpoon slots - 10
    Main ship Bonus - 15% damage reduction from players

[​IMG]
    ______________________________________________________________​

Now lets talk about how the capturing and attacking works

Firstly you will have to attack the companion down to 20% of its full HP before you can capture it once this is done you will activate a capture rocket which will have a 50% chance of capturing some the companions gold stack.

you can withdraw up to 70% of the companions gold once per hour. If your companion gets destroyed the only way to heal it is by collecting hp boxes from farming. These will heal your companion. Once your companion is above 50% health it will become active and assist you once again. Your companion can be activated and dismissed at anytime.

Now lets talk about new items ingame

Companion Rocket (x10)
    Description - This companion rocket is like no other rocket it can only be fired at other players companions when there companions health is below 20% of its full health.
    Cost - 2000 Diamonds
    Effect - 50% Chance of capture
    - 50% Chance of 10,000 Damage on companion (which will destroy the opponents companion making you miss the chance of capturing)
    Cooldown - 15mins​

Small Companion XP letter (x10)
    Description - This letter will contribute 5% of your XP to your companion for 30mins once activated
    Cost - 200,000 Gold
    Cooldown - 15mins

Medium Companion XP letter (x10)
    Description - This letter will contribute 20% of your XP to your companion for 30mins once activated
    Cost - 2,000 diamonds
    Cooldown - 15mins

Large Companion XP letter (x10)
    Description - This letter will contribute 50% of your XP to your companion for 30mins once activated
    Cost - 5,000 diamonds
    Cooldown - 15mins​

Well there you have it, I look forward to some constructive feedback please keep in mind I have made these companions relatively hard to accomplish a level 5 companion. Since the companions are free big point will make money from the companion letters and rockets.

And maybe in the future there could even be a companion arena

Needed to add that once your companions reaches level 5 on events such as xmas, Halloween ect.. there will be skins available to purchase for your companion, Like a mini destroyer that follows you around...

Thanks

Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
  2. I think this would be a excellent to have in the game.

3. This will be a very good upgrade for ps (Devs hire this man !!)

You should type a smaller text a Tl;dr = too long didn't read wich is a 1 sentence summary cause some people will find it to long;)

4. I like the general idea.

5. I like the idea and agree with Prometeus... Hire Roary.... would make an excellent Developer.

TheWhiteKnight likes this.
  6. lamoia100

lamoia100 User

are we talking pirate storm ? companions and boarding that is not pirate storm sorry good idea for a game on its own though

Jellyfrog likes this.
  7. I think this will work - just a little boat sailing beside you with these skins doing some damage and looking cool. I support the idea.

8. Kalyps0

Kalyps0 User

+1 for this

9. good idea roary bro ... it has been a long time :)

10. sobby1

sobby1 User

Amazing!!!!! This is just the kind of thing we need in this game :)

11. This is already here i see little ships all the time in Arena little (edit)

12. Wedgewood

Wedgewood bp_phrase_Forum_Demigod

If you have have evidence of such behaviour please feel free to forward this to the Customer Care Team. They will be happy to investigate this further on your behalf. Be sure to include your user id and the server this is occuring on your message the Support.

To contact the Customer Care Team click Here.

13. Actually they have this in another bigpoint game, Seafight--except its not companion ships its companion monsters and it wasnt a good idea. picture scooting along and a much larger ship that wouldn't have seen you suddenly sees you companion critter (the beasts sort of followed you but went off on their own tangent several points off of you) the other ship now knows you are around and by the type/level of your critter knows way too much about you and your level and armament. also Roary got Seafight and Pirate Storm mixed up--in Seafight you ARE boarded. I played that game and believe me its not a good game--in particular it is murder on newbies and was dying when I played it--no new people stayed very long. At least in Pirate Storm youve got a chance, but even spending $$ in Seafight i could never get out of beginner waters. oh yeah and you were stuck out in the ocean bottom when you got sunk in Seafight, you didnt automatically regenerate with gold or diamonds..Seafight is a crummy game. Pirate Storm is really quite good

Jellyfrog likes this.
  14. Very fun idea. But to address yellowhammer's concern.. It sounded like the companion would have its own gold, and wouldn't really effect the player negatively. Sure having your companion boarded would stink, but if you could summon it when ever you like.. Not much of a problem.

15. GuanoCrazy

GuanoCrazy User

Good idea in general. One obvious flaw with the rewards is the 50 essence of fire. BP is not just going to hand out that many at once. And if I could add a suggestion to go along with your idea. How about having the companion have hp, say 15k to 20k? And if you have a companion running along the side of you and get targeted and attacked from someone (PVP and not PVE), it attacks your companion first giving the other player an slight advantage to defend themselves and sink the other player (if they aren't using a companion as well). Of course if the attacker has a companion as well then the defender will hit the companion first. Hp on the companion sounds high but I took into consideration that the good majority of players hit for 5-7k normally.

Jellyfrog likes this.
  16. Actually...I just posted in the suggestions thread and asked why did PS stop at 32 zones? Why not have the companions sail with you only in the new highest seven zones (PS would add z33-z40)? There the main ship and companion can sail and can be boarded. This would REALLY be cool for those wanting a different slant to the game.

Um...and not all of us hit 5-7k, I would wager that the average over is more like 3-4 k.

17. slammer

slammer User

awesome idea a companion boat without a lot of micro management

18. ROARY

ROARY User

This post is still going? Give us out companions. Who knows maybe after a recent update your might consider spaceships and everything not pirate related.

19. *sauce*

*sauce* User

Btw ROARY it is Galleon not Galion. This would be a great idea, was also thinking about this too since both Dark Orbit and Seafight have a sort of pet function too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.