Base Damage Interaction for Cannons and Cannonballs

Discussion in 'Players' Corner' started by Greatbeard, Nov 29, 2013.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Greatbeard

Greatbeard User

Can someone help me understand the Base Damage values for cannons and cannonballs? I loaded one of my ships with a single cannon, a Small Warrior Lvl-1. This cannon was rated for a base damage of 10. Then I selected steel cannonballs, also showing a base damage rating of 10. When I engaged a non-player enemy ship, there were, of course, more misses than hits since the scatter value was 65%; but the non-critical hits were each showng 44 points of damage to the enemy. I am trying to understand how these factors interact so I can better plan the development of my arsenal. Are there other factors not mentioned here that affect the damage caused when a cannonball hits the target? The ship I used for this experiment was a Brigantine. I was playing in zone 5.

Thank you for your help.

2. vino

vino User

i don't know much ?
    but basically, calculation is as ?
    your cannon damage (x) no of cannons

i.e, if u have 50 large warriors [each cannon damage 10]
    so, 50 * 10 = 500
    scatter 65% ,
    so might be, around 450 or so,
    depends, on scatter, ship damage, level, strength, gunpowder u use [extra activations]etc,
    sorry, if i added info, what u already knew

3. Level gives you 1 more damage, not base damage but overall damage. so if you are level 5 gives 4 extra damage and so on.

4. Greatbeard

Greatbeard User

Okay, let's try this out. This time I took out a single 12 Pounder cannon (base damage 11) Then I tried stone cannonballs (base 1 ), iron cannonballs (base 2), and steel cannonballs (base 10). I am at level 24.

With the stones I got -36 per hit.
    With the Irons I got -37 per hit.
    With the steels I got -45 per hit.

Conclusion: the damage per hit (Percent of misses is the scatter percent on the gun.) is the sum of the cannonball plus the cannon plus your pirate level.

5. no not completely the scrolls also affect it
    Base cannon damage + Level + Perf Level + cannonball base damage = 1 cannon damage
    so me being lvl 37 with a lvl 3 bomb..
    21 base damage plus 37 level + 6 scroll + 1 stone base
    total of 65 with one cannon
    so interchange your info and you can figure it out
    the most one cannon can do is lvl 50 plus 6 from perf lvl 3 bomb and using cudgel mace

6. HELLGUY

HELLGUY User

why not just hit as much as you can with what ammo you got and be happy about it lmao? seems a lot of math just to know not much info to me.....

7. Dr.Acula

Dr.Acula User

hm, nice idea :D

8. Yes that page is cool all infos there about the pirate storm

9. Albator

Albator User

10. No problem you are more than welcome :)