Ahabs shouldn't get or count for PG!

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by TheWhiteKnight, May 8, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I think since Ahab is a specialty ship and isn't worth or gets and PvP or skulls, they shouldn't count for Pirate Glory or get sinks credited for it.

barathrum20 likes this.
  2. I agree... But to extend, it shouldn't be allowed in PvP areas. BG, Arena, Deuls Etc. I see to many stronger players running arena with Ahabs hitting 3-4k and you can only hit them for 500 when your average is almost 4k. The Ahab was meant for PvE, keep it that way ;)

TheWhiteKnight likes this.
  3. Yes, completely agree!

4. You're right :)

5. Ahab, PvE ship! Period, nothing else should be awarded for it! I mean seriously!? -30% ship damage!? Ahabs are clearly a specialty ship with monster hunting in mind. Yet it is being exploited in arenas and pvp due to its -30% ship damage, emblem of peace (which means on open seas in a pvp battle the other ship takes added damage from NPCs while the Ahab is safe from that), and added speed. All of these things make a nice PvE, monster hunting ship. BP, keep it for what it was intended! Ahabs don't count for skulls or PvP ponits. They also shouldn't count for Pirate Glory, be eligible for arenas and if a Player in an Ahab willing engages first another player they forfeit the -30% ship damage.

This will eliminate this Ahab exploitation that is becoming annoying.

Last edited: May 18, 2014
  6. Totally agree! Especially, that they should not be allowed in Battleground or Arena.

7. Yes, no arena or battle grounds for Ahabs!!! They are a cheat boat, that 30% is too much.

8. Amnesia

Amnesia User

I disagree. When people make a decision to buy a ship, they factor into that decision the stats on a ship. It is unfair to change these stats after they have spent their diamonds, and big point should avoid this as much as possible.

9. They buy it for harpoon launchers, not for arena or battleground.

One of my ideas is to allow them into arena and battleground, but give them a +30% damage received buff, that would make it just like a regular ship.

10. Amnesia

Amnesia User

I'm not sure where you get the idea that players only look at the Harpoon launcher numbers when deciding whether or not to buy the Ahab.
    I looked at all the stats, and I'm sure many other players did as well.

11. Nevidomý

Nevidomý User

Why do you think they don't buy her for arena or battleground.
    And you've spoken about -30%, but never mentioned only few cannons... So she has advantages and also disadvantages. It's up to you to chose.

abangcool99 likes this.
  12. ANIKHTE

ANIKHTE User

Ahab should not count for pirate glory since it gives no pvp points or skulls and should not count also in pirate glory. As for arena and bg stop whining. All the people that whine ohh ahab is so good ship i do not see them buy the ahab and use it themselves. They keep their dow and event ships. Why these whining people do not get ahab because simple ahab is not stronger than a dow a gladiator or an event ship. And it will always loose from them . Okey ahab has a -30% from ships but also stats from 15 cannons. to max out at 92 cannons when a gladiator max out 171 cannons. Even if we take the 30% of the gladiator that will be 53 cannons it will be 118 cannons for gladiator and 92 cannons for ahab. So ahab will be sinked. People are whining because when facing ahab they must spent more ammo to sink it. And in the end they after match show them with a lower average damage. They cry for the average damage they do. Guys if ahab is really the super ship you claim to be why it is not used by all??? Because it simple it is. Now with the ahab a playeer can have ship that will make a strong player to spent ammunition and not sink him with 2-3 shoots and thats annoy some people.

abangcool99 likes this.
  13. sobby1

sobby1 User

Ahab should not be allowed in arena

14. Grumpert77

Grumpert77 User

I disagree for similar reasons to what Amnesia said. They have already bought the ship and changing it is unfair.

MacAttack92, you can say that but that is untrue. How can you possibly know that everyone in pirate storm bought the Ahab for that reason. I for one know a person who bought the ahab solely for 1v1 use, as he thinks if used in the correct way it will be stronger than a destroyer of worlds.
    And I think he is right.

Now, about disabling it from the pirate glory quest, I agree. But I don't want them to change it because once again it is changing a item once it has been sold. You can't do that. You would not be happy if you just bought 100 Inhuman Shrieks and BP suddenly decided to reduce the base damage to 12 would you?

Edit:

The only way that this would work is if BP took away the Ahab from everyone, re credited all diamonds spent for it and let them either move the improvements and decks to a different ship and put the cannons and harpoon launchers into the inventory, or re-credit the diamonds for the improvements and decks and put the cannons and harpoon launchers into the inventory.

Also you would have to allow players who had the Ahab to have a permanent feature to buy it, not just in the event.

All of this would work, but people would complain and it would take a lot of effort from BP. I do not think it is worth it.

15. The ship is sold during a Monster hunting event.. using the Ahab in arena/battleground is exploiting it's -30% damage received. It's there to protect the player from other ships while hunting monsters, not in arena. If it was meant to be in arena, it would have more cannons and nowhere near as many harps.

16. Grumpert77

Grumpert77 User

I would say it is using a permanent buff given to it as an advantage.

17. Yes fewer cannons but the -30% is a HUGE advantage. The fewer cannons can be remedid by adding decks like any other ship. Sure keep them in everything but REMOVE the -30% damage when they decide to engage in pvp!

18. Demetrius

Demetrius User

Im sorry my friend people who receive damage of 300-500 from ships that hit 4k average, are using bots or hacks, and I strongly recommend that BP should inform us how to report this in a way in order to get banned.

As for the basic question I would say that you are right but many people bought it already and many many gather the dias one by one with these exact conditions.

19. Fluffkins

Fluffkins User

With the use of certain buffs active and captains orders it is possible to make a player that usually hits high, to hit alot lower when a ahab is being used.

20. its just about your buffs..thats why u suffer around 3-4k damge u just need to upgrade your buffs especially this 5 buffs-morgan storm,might of laffites,hawkins,black sampanic,and sirensong...upgrade it on seal and captain ordrers..that ahab will be nothing if u have complete all buffs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.