A port war battleground

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by YellowHammer, Dec 6, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Should Big Point combine BG server and create a Port War BG for pirates who have 300 housecoins?

1. Yes, and double skulls and double diamonds for the winning crew, arrrrrrr!

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No way, I never win anything anyway.

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Many high level players already have 300 coins in each house's battleground but they still play and skewer the odds that newer players can win the BG or even be awarded any coins.

Why not restrict the house coin BGs to players who do not have all 300 coins for that house? There is no reason for those who have all 300 coins to play except for fun and a few skulls. Combine the BG server so that there will be enough mid-level and new players for the house coin BGs,

and then:

For the higher level players who have all 300 coins, they will play against each other, in a special BG. No coins---the prizes would be double skulls and diamonds and the player's ships may not be ahabs, devs or piranhas :)

Your team wins = you get double skulls for every ship you sank and for each time you sank them during the BG (even if you sank them earlier that day). You also get double the diamond prize.

Your team loses = the usual number of skulls (once per ship) and a small amount of diamonds.​

The winning team is decided by the highest teams average of number of HPs sunk divided by number of ships sunk--meaning higher level, developed ships would actually count more than lesser ones. Or, the heck with formulas, whichever team sinks the higher number of the other team, wins. The new battleground will run in a set time frame, say 5 mins.

This new BG could be patterned after a port war--sort of a free for all chaos.

Port wars survive even on nearly dead servers, BG should recognize this and offer a BG with a story line similar to support a port war sort of contest.

"A letter of pardon and offer of wealth from the island's governor if your pirate group can keep the port open for trading "(by beating the other team silly :p )​

Should be a lovely free for all chaos.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
    MakoMack likes this.
  2. Most strong players spend real money in the game and they should enjoy in battleground.

3. sounds like PIRATES DOMINION

4. Most strong players who have spent real money on their ships would want a BG that the goal was to sink as many others as you can as fast as you can. No towers, no annoying little monsters, no "rewards only awarded to those who participate" silliness---but a free for all for 5 minutes where you earn double skulls and diamonds if your group wins. (Even bloods and diamonds would be ok---hey, that is a great name for the battleground "Blood and Diamonds"

Strong players already have everything the coins can buy and want to use those improvements in battle, not in a game for coins they can't use.

5. Nope, not like Pirates Dominion---no one in port wars attacks walls and towers. The Port War BG would be more like an arena 8 man team attacking another arena 8 man team (or 4v4 or 6v6). The only difference being the numbers of players and that you can't pick your team.

6. its just more of the sameol sameol in a different dress

7. I'm not a fan.

8. its just more of the sameol sameol in a different dress

Pirates Dominion entailed wasting ammo on inanimate targets, with the goal of destroying an opposing fortress. A port war is a free-for-all with the only intent being to take skulls (or egos). A port war BG will be a free-for-all for skulls or possibly lesser rewards (dias or bloods) but both can be used immediately, not collected and saved like coins for improvements the participants already have.

If you have a better idea, post it, Chas. The same goes for Кассандра.

Criticism for the sake of criticism is trolling.

9. You are quoting the wrong BG- Dominion involves taking bases and is a free for all shoot out-tho placed in teams
    . Suggest you read last line of your comment Yellow

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  10. Exactly---Dominion entails destroying a wall and then sitting there to occupy the base. A port war does not take a base, you don't stay in one place and it is totally a free for all.
    If you are not solely criticizing, what is your suggestion for a BG? This is an idea pool thread.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  11. its not a port war if no port to conq -- aah - forget it - you not listening cos i dont agree with you
    - what you suggest is not better than anything going at present

Newbiee likes this.
  12. "port war" is an expression describing a free for all with no rules, which is exactly what we needed, less BG rules and more pvp chaos. An all out melee with one team against the other and no towers, monsters or flags in the way to give those who want to use their ships in pvp AND get rewards that you don't get in the arena. Six to each team would be awesome, or maybe 7 or 8.

Although.....this entire thread and most of the other suggestion threads are useless now that you lose skulls as well as pvp when you fight.

All battlegrounds are dead now--anyone would be crazy to fight in one. That is a pity as this was a way that newbies used to get skulls for the piranha.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  13. ANIKHTE

ANIKHTE User

port war was named like that because when you get sunken you appear in the port. So the all out fight pvp that happens in the game is bound to be around the port because thats the place you will re start. If the game mechanics re appeared us in the corner we would have named them corner wars. And in the maps you do not conquer any port.

14. ANIKHTE

ANIKHTE User

yeap now all aspects of the game are dead
    arena
    battleground
    guild island
    pvp
    is destoyed with one more brilliant greedy idea from the same stupid people that burned the company to the ground.

15. Newbiee

Newbiee User

I've already left the game. Logging to get my Seal(1 year premium, bought it 3 weeks before the patch came!) and making 1-2 arenas. I do not think they will change anything. They just want this game to die. Not merging the servers, making such disgraceful pvp system means they did it intentionally. I've already found a game where I can spend my free time(even less than 2 hours a day). For a year I've played this game and it was so joyfully. I was enjoying every single bit of the game. Now... nothing.. desert.. Just time to leave.

Wish you all the best, to the people participating in the forum, to moderators and Big Point. If game changed( I mean really a MAJOR change ) I might come back.

BR,

Alexander(Knowbiee) EU3

16. ANIKHTE

ANIKHTE User

well you can contact support and cancel the premium and get some money back
    it is in the terms and condition
    at any time you can cancel and refunded accordingly how much time is left

17. snort....I posted a youtube link here from a test of another game to show what a "port war" battleground free for all should be and it got deleted :p (It got deleted within 4 hours so someone is reading our posts :p)

Touchy touchy---those guys weren't even competition, entirely different type of player (though the idea is the same) but its a moot point anyways. Even portwars are denied us now.

I'm so sorry, this was a good game when I started it almost three years ago. The thing is, I understand why some are staying on thru the Frostwolf event to help their guild mates, but really---help them do what? Unless they are already developed level 50 with fully developed DoWs and ahabs, full seals and cap orders, play several hours a day and are willing to sink cash into this dying ship, you are just prolonging the agony.

We've all gotten so hooked over the years, PS had become a part of our daily lives but now it's time to just look at this hot mess and move on.

ANIKHTE likes this.
  18. ANIKHTE

ANIKHTE User

the game was fun
    now is pure unplayable

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.