2 Destroyers of Worlds vs 1 Ahab open sea grudge fight

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by YellowHammer, Oct 14, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. There are players who decide to chain you, even in a port war where the whole idea is to exchange skulls. When I go to a port war, I bring my best event ship, not my piri, because really, it is fun to have a free for all even if it is just for skulls and I will not go to a skull fest in something that doesn't contribute.

Anyways, i was sunk several times in my eagle and returned the sinking, I noticed though that one player kept attacking even though we had already exchanged skulls. Not a big deal. Anyways, I changed from my eagle to my valkyrie--only because it is cool looking and you don't usually have to be fast in a port war, and there is no other decent situation for this ship--Valkyries are pretty but pretty useless too. Got hit several times and sunk again by the same player. Figured the heck with this, put up some bloods and enhancements and fought back in the Valkyrie, sinking his ship when he tried to sink me again.

He and one of his guildie mates then both came back in destroyers of worlds and shot up the port war.

My best ship is not my piri or any of my event ships--it is my ahab. I changed into that with decent ammo and sank them back--I am level 40 ahab against two level 50 DoWs. I'd sink one, then get sunk by the other, sometimes actually maneuvering well enough to sink both until one popped back out of port and sank me.

great fun, actually, I love this game.

I know that everyone says a fully developed DoW will sink an equivalent ahab every time, but I wonder about this. Those two players have been around enough to have developed the DoWs, I don't think they are players who got them by...er.....illicit means. They likely earned them over time as I did my ahab which was ten levels below them. All of my seals are fully developed, my captains orders are developed up to my level, all my cannons are at least bombs, about half either level 2 or level 3 and I have all possible decks on the ahab except the bloodmoon. I was using premium ammo, several bloods and was maxing my captains orders.

I now think that a full developed ahab is a match for a fully developed DoW--am I correct? If I did this well against them now, when my level is 50, orders fully developed, with this ahab I should be able to sink a DoW consistently, true?

2. DemonLord

DemonLord User

Yes an Ahab is nicknamed DoW killer for a reason. It is an anti DoW ship meant for people who are farming and getting harassed by other players. Once you are a fully maxed Ahab and are good at using items you should be unmatched in 1v1 combat unless its vs another Ahab.

3. ANIKHTE

ANIKHTE User

if you know how to play you will realize that ahab just trade blows with a piranha.
    piranha will win some times ahab the others.
    any ship stronger than piranha will sink ahab all the times.
    if both ships use the same items, same level of development , use of same bloods

because is we go like you can put bloods and use special ammo and items and if the dow will use nothing then you can sink the dow with a sloop, so what that means that a sloop is an anti - dow ship???

is this a real scenario to see the better ship?? 1 use everything and the other nothing???

4. DemonLord

DemonLord User

You are wrong i have watched a maxed Ahab go toe to toe vs 3 other ships 2 dows and 1 gladiator in 3v3. you just have to know when to use your items.

5. ANIKHTE

ANIKHTE User

and again thank you to say the obvious

1 player that knows how to play against 3 thats does not know how to play

try to keep the comparison only about the ship stats

if the others do not know how to play or how to use their ites. or not use any items at all

yes then sloop is the best ship in the game

when you go same level player, using same items, have the same level of skill in arena
    then ahab will loose
    and it does not matter there is not a ship in the game that can kill 2 other ships

even 1 dow can not kill 2 event ships or if you want to tell you 1 dow can not kill 2 piranha

it is a possible for a dow to do that, but it will ahve to use more items. better cannonballs, and the level of skill from the other side to be different

make the comparison where it matters
    or else
    LONG LIVE THE SLOOP THE BEST SHIP IN GAME

6. Demonlord is correct--both of those DoWs were from level 50 players who knew how to use them, are long time players, have developed them and did not want to be embarrassed at a port war. they came in to stir up things and cause trouble at the port war and got trouble given right back at them. They were using event rockets on me and its a good bet they were throwing out bloods too. I just happend to have a good ship that was as developed as it could be for my level and was ticked off enough to keep hitting them.

I am not saying that an ahab is always a better ship, but it is a good match for a similarly equipped DoW--the difference between winning or losing will be the skill of the player, not the ships.

I stuck a guild deck on my sloop, pity it is soooooo slow, I'd farm with it in higher zones. It has 54 bombs and 38000 hp. Did the same with my war brig--84 bombs and 41000 hp on it :p

I don't remember when I was sunk by a piri when in my ahab, if I ever was it has been a long time. I get attacked by them in the higher zones, but I sink them--or they run away when they catch fire. Also, with my ahab no event ship has sunk me unless I lag or there was more than one (as in a melee). If I am fighting in my eagle2 or any of the other ships I have, I can be sunk about 1/3 of the time but never with the ahab. It is a darn good ship for this game.

If they ever get around to combining the servers, I'll show you what I mean :)

I really love this game.

7. ANIKHTE

ANIKHTE User

well if we use the same me and the other palyer with ahab
    the ahab is toasted
    it will take more time to kill
    but given all the same it will die

as i said ahab trade blows with piranha strength wise in duel
    some times victory is for ahab some times for piranha

so we can say that the people you fight do not now how to use their ships against an ahab

8. Anikhte the entire euro1 server cannot be full of players who do not know how to use piranhas either because I keep sinking them.

An ahab can take out a DoW if both are fullly developed of seals and captains orders; all ammo, guns and bloods are the same--the ships are at the same level as well, both level 50. Whichever wins is because the player knows how to use their ship not because one ship is developed fully and the other is not.

I am hauling backside to get up in levels as fast as I can...level 41 now. I am also developing all my bombs to level 3. When I get to level 50 with all level 3 bombs, maybe the arena servers will be merged and we can clobber each other and see which one of us is correct about the DoW vs ahab :D:D:D:D

9. ANIKHTE

ANIKHTE User

well i tell you my experiences
    with piranha is possible but not all times
    with better ship
    ahab has no chance.
    and as i said both sides use the same items. to have a true comparison between ships.

10. Amnesia

Amnesia User

The problem is you don't know what ammo they were using, and unless you are really good at noticing things quickly, you probably don't know which items they decided were worth wasting against you----a bubble or shock rocket is pretty obvious, but quick reloaders and blood donors are less so. Could you positively identify which rockets they shot? Whether or not they had an eagle eye running? What armor or type of gunpowder they had on etc. . . .?

11. ANIKHTE

ANIKHTE User

thats why i said
    if all are the same the ahab will loose
    of course you do not know what the other is using
    or even better what you are willing to use

but if you make a control test then
    ahab loose

12. zazzou

zazzou User

Anikhte... ahab is one of the best ships available to fight against a dow in arena for a full acct / full items.
    Ahab with moon set / moon deck now is quite unsinkable. Everyone knows that.
    I think you speak only about fighting without any items and players experience of the game ;)

13. ANIKHTE

ANIKHTE User

again thank you
    if you compare ship with moon deck and ro moon power with 1 that does not have it?
    geee i can kill anyone with a piranha if i get this items hands down

14. I believe Zazzou was refering to both ahab and DoW having full accounts.

even without a moon deck, its a bear to sink an ahab--and they are faster. I'd like to take on a DoW at my level, stoneshot, no bloods no eagle eye, with eagle and ghost on both and see who wins. I bet it is nearly equal, sometimes ahab, sometimes DoW wins. If ahabs are no better than a piranha, why is it that there are many ahabs in the arena?

15. ANIKHTE

ANIKHTE User

if i answer you i will get another ban from the forum
    many players have an issue in arena that they shoot low while there are some case reported where players shoot more

so right now the arena is problematic to take any conclusion
    when the problem in arena is fixed and a few more accoutns is banned
    then we can see how strong in the ahab

lets say now the best ship in eu4 is devastator!?!??!
    it rules the arena
    thats the choice ship of eu4
    not ahab not dow

the support is notified of the issue and they will fix it

16. devastator rules the arena? omg, we gotta merge the servers, I have to see this

17. Besides, who would ban you from forums? You are pretty much the only consistent poster now!

18. zazzou

zazzou User

Well a devastator with moon deck, dragon deck or moon set will usually shoot better than a devastator or pirana without the same set, and certainly equal or better than some bad glads & dows.
    Some players have dragon deck or moon deck and we may don't know it. Moon set is recognized graphically in the game.

Usually the arena issue depends on: skills, scrolls, the sets on the ship, levels of cannons, and mostover the items used (in particular the criticals items, and the new arena items), and often matter of luck eg. shock rockets success or fail, teleport at the right/wrong place, etc. And put the right item at the right time.

Lot of players play arena without putting items, only for pvp or daily mission, and so what? they are killed by players who put items.
    At night, small or medium players can meet big arena teams as few players are playing. This is the unfair law of a game who is losing players, less & less online.
    And put items in arena is a costly affair...

In conclusion, and as per i know, lot of players killed in arena are used to say the enemy has cheated, including myself hahaha i'm very bad loser :p
    So maybe this is true, and as some players are banned on all servers, cheats exist (and certainly some players should be banned and are not yet banned).
    But most probably and most of the times, this is only a disappointed point of view because the player lost without understanding how & why, or simply did not play well enough -_-
    In any doubt, we only have to take good videos and send them to the Support and i completely approve you on that point Anikhte ;)

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
    YellowHammer likes this.
  19. In conclusion, and as per i know, lot of players killed in arena are used to say the enemy has cheated, including myself hahaha i'm very bad loser :p

I'm not a bad loser, I am a bad loser with a lonnnnnnnnng memory. Don't get bad, get even :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.